Mortal Kombat: Will the video game movie curse be broken?

Tools    

Well, almost any movie lovers would know movies adapted from video games are not usually good, or at least, it's been like this so far!
Mortal Kombat movie is just around the corner and some critics think it's a good movie already. to be honest, the trailer was good, but as they say: never judge a movie by its trailer!
What do you think guys? Will the freaking video-games movie curse finally be broken?

Nah. I think it might be better than some other adaptations, but it'll be forgettable at best. (Of course, I never played the game and I haven't seen the trailer, so what do I know?)

Welcome to the human race...
I thought Detective Pikachu already broke the videogame movie curse by being the first such movie to get a fresh RT rating. I'm pretty sure they even tried using that line when Sonic the Hedgehog came out. That's without getting into questions of vulgar auteurism and whether or not less acclaimed works like the Resident Evil movies or Super Mario Bros. qualify as hidden gems.

According to this RT article, Pikachu, Sonic, and Angry Birds 2 are the top video game films and the only ones certified "Fresh", but putting the RT aside, I would agree with Iroquois and say there's no "curse" to break, since there have already been several video game films that have worked to varying degrees.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
To my surprise, I really enjoyed Detective Pikachu; and I loved Resident Evil when it came out. I'll watch it still, from time to time. I don't care much at all for any of its sequels, but the first was pretty good for what it was vs. at least my expectations. Hell, even the first Tomb Raider was fine for the market at the time. For its issues (Hellraiser ending, I'm pointing fingers at you), I also really enjoyed Silent Hill. Of course this is all from my personal preference and measurement, but if Mortal Kombat is at least as good, to me, as any of the above, then I should be happy.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
If these first seven minutes say anything...then I think like the original 1995 film, this will show video games can make good movies

If these first seven minutes say anything...then I think like the original 1995 film, this will show video games can make good movies
[/url]
I've heard the movie is too violent which is absolutely a great thing for this movie! It kinda indicates that it's acceptably faithful to the source material. I just hope the plot won't be boring.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I'm surprised the OP says will the curse be broken, since I and probably a lot of others think that the 1995 Mortal Kombat is the best video game movie ever made, and it will be hard to beat I think.