Name the Actress

Tools    

An excellent guess but afraid not. I think I might go ahead and do a reveal here as it's been a while and I suspect no one knows:

Renée Asherson
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ren%C3%A9e_Asherson

Here's a short and pleasant clip of her getting her portrait painted in 1940s London.

OPEN FLOOR
Nice clip, and a beautiful woman!

No idea

Don't know who she is, but the show looks like What's My Line or To Tell the Truth
She was a mystery guest on a recent episode that I watched of the old What's My Line TV show. The panelist couldn't guess her identity either

She was in a number of movies in the 1940s, then in the 1950s started appearing on TV regularly and even had her own TV series that ran from the mid 50s to 1960.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2021-04-14 15-45-12.png
Views:	93
Size:	107.5 KB
ID:	76393   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot from 2021-04-14 15-47-11.png
Views:	89
Size:	258.9 KB
ID:	76394  

Right out of my era. That's Gale Storm, and the actress behind her is Zasu Pitts-- from the TV show The Gale Storm Show. I used to watch both it and the earlier My Little Margie when I was a kid.

Right out of my era. That's Gale Storm, and the actress behind her is Zasu Pitts-- from the TV show The Gale Storm Show. I used to watch both it and the earlier My Little Margie when I was a kid.
Correct! I've only seen Gale Storm in a couple of movies. I see she did a lot of westerns and noirs, so I'll have to watch some of them one of these days.

Your up.

Ann Sothern

OPEN FLOOR
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Oh, I messed up Citizen, I confused this actress with Marsha Hunt, who was in Smash Up you are right, but that is not who this actress is...in addition to Jezebel her other film credits include Broadway Musketeers, British Intelligence, Garden of the Moon and she lost Franchot Tone to Bette Davis in Dangerous

Oh, I messed up Citizen, I confused this actress with Marsha Hunt, who was in Smash Up you are right, but that is not who this actress is...in addition to Jezebel her other film credits include Broadway Musketeers, British Intelligence, Garden of the Moon and she lost Franchot Tone to Bette Davis in Dangerous
No problem we all make mistakes I do all the time! I don't know who she is then. I have seen Dangerous but almost 20 years ago.