The New World

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
http://www.thenewworldmovie.com/trailer_qt_large.html

Man, I am freeking pumped about this movie. The cinematography looks gorgeous, but what impresses me most about this teaser is that it's actually the first teaser in a while to do what it's supposed to do, tease me. And I'm not into historical pictures all that much, but I can't wait to see this.

I am into historical pictures, a lot. This does look fantastic. Just watched the trailer and got goosebumps. Maybe this historical epic is the one to see Colin Farrel in (that is if you're a big fan of his, which I'm not really). If JRS's blog is correct David Thewils, and Chrsitian Bale are also in this and for that I am excited, because they are both becoming two of my favorite actors.

Very well-assembled trailer. I hope it ends up being a real look at what it was like when the two cultures came into contact with one another, and not just another cliche-ridden Hollywood production about how evil America is.

Regardless, it's a great trailer, and I think this has a lot of potential. I'm a sucker for movies and historic events where previously unknown races and cultures meet for the first time. It always produces an emotional response simply because it hasn't happened before.

Arresting your development
Does Collin Farrell have gamblling debts?

Arresting your development
Maybe hollywood finally cloned someone.... *music sets in*

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
Maybe hollywood finally cloned someone.... *music sets in*
hey, you may be onto something there... Only in this case, each successive copy is smarter. I noticed in his recent interview with Charlie Rose that he seemed about 64% more intellectual than his earlier image as the "hollywood badboy". He didn't swear once.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
That trailer was awesome! I'm excited to see it too. I have some predictions on where the story is going to take us, but I'm sure there will be some surprises. I'm not a huge fan of Colin Ferrell, but the rest of the cast looks promising. That old guy looked like the king from Braveheart, I'll have to look again.
oops, nope. It's Christopher Plummer.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by SamsoniteDelilah
1607?!
Not exactly the beginning of the white folk's story, but ok.
The teaser does look good!
"On May 14, 1607, the Virginia Company explorers landed on Jamestown Island, to establish the Virginia English colony on the banks of the James River 60 miles from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. By one account, they landed there because the deep water channel let their ships ride close to shore; close enough, to moor them to the trees. Recent discovery of the exact location of the first settlement and its fort indicates that the actual settlement site was in a more secure place, away from the channel, where Spanish ships, could not fire point blank into the Fort. Almost immediately after landing, the colonists were under attack from what amounted to the on-again off-again enemy, the Algonquian natives."
*taught a Sunday School class on it.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by 2wrongs
"On May 14, 1607, the Virginia Company explorers landed on Jamestown Island, to establish the Virginia English colony on the banks of the James River 60 miles from the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. By one account, they landed there because the deep water channel let their ships ride close to shore; close enough, to moor them to the trees. Recent discovery of the exact location of the first settlement and its fort indicates that the actual settlement site was in a more secure place, away from the channel, where Spanish ships, could not fire point blank into the Fort. Almost immediately after landing, the colonists were under attack from what amounted to the on-again off-again enemy, the Algonquian natives."
*taught a Sunday School class on it.
Right. Am familiar a little, with Jamestown.
The trailer seems to suggest it's the first contact between the races though ("Once discovered, it would never be the same"), and there were earlier settlements at present day Manteo, NC.
Did a play about the one in 1587.