Movies you couldn't even finish.

Tools    

How far did you make it just curious
Ten minutes or so.

I walked out of The Crow and Black Mask, as in walking out of the theater (not turning off the stream or disk).

I walked out of The Crow and Black Mask, as in walking out of the theater (not turning off the stream or disk).
The original Crow with Brandon Lee?

Awesome movie! One of the best comic-based movies there is (although I never read the comic). I don't care for super-natural super heroes, yet I still liked this movie.

I could see being turned off by the beginning as it's pretty much dark & moody throughout, (I also dislike dark & moody films, especially those that stick to one particular color pallet - but in The Crow's case, it works)... but once the action starts (after Eric returns from the grave) it's a fantastic revenge flick!

I think that Ilsa series are definitely the worst movies, which I watched in my life and I didn't watch any of these movies from start to the end, because it's terrible and coarse. I skipped different scenes and I think the it is completely failure.

The original Crow with Brandon Lee?

Awesome movie! One of the best comic-based movies there is (although I never read the comic). I don't care for super-natural super heroes, yet I still liked this movie.

I could see being turned off by the beginning as it's pretty much dark & moody throughout, (I also dislike dark & moody films, especially those that stick to one particular color pallet - but in The Crow's case, it works)... but once the action starts (after Eric returns from the grave) it's a fantastic revenge flick!
That's the one. I hated it. Different strokes.

Duplicate Account (locked)
Wow, I'm so glad that someone made this thread, as I'm running into all sorts of trash movies on netflix.

Bird Box: I watched more than half of it because it's one of those movies that's so bad and stupid that it's funny. I stopped to water some plants, but then when I got back to it I saw there were 40 minutes left and i said "f*ck this". You'd think that in a horror movie you'd at least be able to see this horrible monster which is causing people to kill themselves...

Wow, I'm so glad that someone made this thread, as I'm running into all sorts of trash movies on netflix...
Try finding a good movie on Netflix! It's a real challenge I think I've already seen the 11 good movies that Netflix has last time I subscribed to them

Bird Box: I watched more than half of it because it's one of those movies that's so bad and stupid that it's funny. I stopped to water some plants, but then when I got back to it I saw there were 40 minutes left and i said "f*ck this". You'd think that in a horror movie you'd at least be able to see this horrible monster which is causing people to kill themselves...
I hated it.

That's the one. I hated it. Different strokes.
What was it you hated about it?

The violence? The rape/murder scene in the beginning? The dark moodiness? The super-natural theme? Eric's mime make-up? (All of the above?)

Thing is... it gets better... but that's if you like violent action / revenge movies... if you don't like that kind of stuff, then yeah, you may not be able to see past those aspects to appreciate the movie's subtleties.

It's kind of like some people here with the Sopranos - some say it's the greatest TV series ever made... but for those who can't tolerate foul language and graphic violence amid the drama and "black humor" - then they probably won't think so (or be able to get past the first half hour of the first episode).

It's kind of like some people here with the Sopranos - some say it's the greatest TV series ever made...
Definitely is. I was hooked in the opening credits of episode 1.

Definitely is. I was hooked in the opening credits of episode 1.
Yes, but there are others who, when they heard about the language, sex, nudity, subject matter and graphic violence, don't even want to try to watch it because of those things.

P.S. In the opening credits there's a scene where Tony drives past a gas station in NJ, and the price per gallon on the sign is $1.69 (if I remember correctly). Shows what 20 years will do!

Duplicate Account (locked)
Try finding a good movie on Netflix! It's a real challenge I think I've already seen the 11 good movies that Netflix has last time I subscribed to them

they certainly have a lot of trash, but at the same time there are some really addictive TV series and certainly some very interesting documentaries...Blue Ruin is a good one I saw on there a long time ago and again recently through pirate bay but Netflix removed it.

i've noticed that some of their movies are basically the same.

What was it you hated about it?

Everything, really. The super emo whiny edge lord tone (all the way down to the music) counter-balanced with the saccharine "hang-in-there-kitty" pluck (can't rain all the time!) in there to light the darkness (along with the fire-chicken trans-am logos spontaneously appearing in street, of course). The SFX. The generic revenge plot. The acting. The directing. It's derivative and dark and dull.

I think the film got a massive boost from the death of Brandon Lee. We get a Bruce-Lee-by-Proxy action hero here. We get the "curse" of the Lee family. Thus, we have the tragedy of the narrative, the tragedy of Brandon, and the tragedy of Bruce, in effect making this Bruce Lee's last film (in spirit). We get the tripling of the tragic theme of the film with life imitating art. We get the "what if?" of this single sampling of Brandon Lee. It was the perfect storm.

they certainly have a lot of trash, but at the same time there are some really addictive TV series and certainly some very interesting documentaries...Blue Ruin is a good one I saw on there a long time ago and again recently through pirate bay but Netflix removed it.
i've noticed that some of their movies are basically the same.
for Blue Ruin

Everything, really. The super emo whiny edge lord tone (all the way down to the music) counter-balanced with the saccharine "hang-in-there-kitty" pluck (can't rain all the time!) in there to light the darkness (along with the fire-chicken trans-am logos spontaneously appearing in street, of course). The SFX. The generic revenge plot. The acting. The directing. It's derivative and dark and dull.

I think the film got a massive boost from the death of Brandon Lee. We get a Bruce-Lee-by-Proxy action hero here. We get the "curse" of the Lee family. Thus, we have the tragedy of the narrative, the tragedy of Brandon, and the tragedy of Bruce, in effect making this Bruce Lee's last film (in spirit). We get the tripling of the tragic theme of the film with life imitating art. We get the "what if?" of this single sampling of Brandon Lee. It was the perfect storm.
Those are some good points - and I have to agree with some of them (like Brandon's death fueling the film).

I agree it's dark, I don't agree it's dull. It's slow at times, but flows pretty well and the action is interspersed enough to keep it from crawling.

I think it was along the lines of what Tim Burton was shooting for in Batman '89, but the Crow was even more moody, more serious, and much more realistic (well, as far as a story about a ghost superhero can be, that is).

Those are some good points - and I have to agree with some of them (like Brandon's death fueling the film).

I agree it's dark, I don't agree it's dull. It's slow at times, but flows pretty well and the action is interspersed enough to keep it from crawling.

I think it was along the lines of what Tim Burton was shooting for in Batman '89, but the Crow was even more moody, more serious, and much more realistic (well, as far as a story about a ghost superhero can be, that is).
I caught other parts of the film on cable years after I walked out and never came to a new understanding. It just didn't stick the landing for me.

I tried to rewatch The Lost Boys (last seen when it was new, and I don't think I liked it even then). I think I watched about half and didn't see any reason to go on. It's the 80s alright, but it's pretty much everything that was wrong in the 80s.

I tried to rewatch The Lost Boys (last seen when it was new, and I don't think I liked it even then). I think I watched about half and didn't see any reason to go on. It's the 80s alright, but it's pretty much everything that was wrong in the 80s.
Yes, I never finished it in the first place, had the same reaction. Something cringeworthy about it. I remain similarly unaffected by Near Dark, which is supposed to be much better, by all accounts.