Space Jam 2: A New Legacy

Tools    

Movies are back! Grab some popcorn and get ready to watch Space Jam 2: A New Legacy, the newest advertisement by Malcom D. Lee, director of such classics as Scary Movie V and Barbershop: The Next Cut. The product is set to come out July 16, on the 76th anniversary of the Trinity Test, the precursor to how we will all die! Don't let that get you down though, because July 16 is also national Corn Fritters day. I hate America, and I hate you!

Pictured: Don Cheadle presenting a fresh youngling to the Hollywood elite.

The movie stars LeBron James, Don Cheadle, Cedric Jones, my uncle Steve, and some other people I can't bother to look up the names of. The plot is simple: An A.I played by Don Cheadle sucks LeBron James and his son into the Warner 3000 entertainment "Server-verse", in order to steal his Instagram followers. You might think I'm joking, but I'm dead ****ing serious. As a matter of fact, characters from Wonder Woman, Mad Max, and some low-grade indie film called Casablaca are said to appear. Movies aren't theme park rides, Martin Scorsese is a hack, and cinema can do no wrong in the hands of these fine gentlemen.

"I hate the elderly" - LeBron James

That's enough of my cynicism, what do you think? Are you excited for Ready Player One? Will you buy all the Looney Tunes toys like the little piggy you are? Am I breaking multiple rules with this post? Who knows!

I blame Lucas and Spielberg for getting the ball rolling on this ****... Prior to them cinema held some degree of respectability... after them that respectability seemed to be lost due incessant SFX as a means of driving an audience in, merchandising, product placement, rehashing of classics, and the birthing of films equivalent of "fart jokes," then rehashing those too. And if something is popular, (like say the comic book film), milk it. Milk it good! Quantity over quality. Oh, and Disney had a hand in this too, but I thought that went without saying.
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

I blame Lucas and Spielberg for getting the ball rolling on this ****... Prior to them cinema held some degree of respectability... after them that respectability seemed to be lost due incessant SFX as a means of driving an audience in, merchandising, product placement, rehashing of classics, and the birthing of films equivalent of "fart jokes," then rehashing those too. And if something is popular, (like say the comic book film), milk it. Milk it good! Quantity over quality. Oh, and Disney had a hand in this too, but I thought that went without saying.
i agree they should leave the original alone

To me, the most interesting thing about Space Jam 2 is that Warner cancelled Pepe Le Pew. I'll miss the little sexual harrasser.

In the scene that ended up on the cutting room floor, Pepe gets rejected with force and LeBron tells him he shouldn't put his hands on other toons without their permission.
What he should have said was, "Le skunk! Le pew!" and left it at that.

To me, the most interesting thing about Space Jam 2 is that Warner cancelled Pepe Le Pew. I'll miss the little sexual harrasser.

In the scene that ended up on the cutting room floor, Pepe gets rejected with force and LeBron tells him he shouldn't put his hands on other toons without their permission.
omg seriously i love pepe le pew he was one of my favorites on space jam

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

My eBay store completely sold out of Pepe Le Pew collectibles yesterday. I was wondering why Pepe Le Pew merchandise skyrocketed in price over the last few days.

Nah I won't miss him, we shouldn't be teaching kids to sympathize with French people

Listen this isn't for me. Never been a LeBron dude and this looks like a mess to me. Loved the first one growing up on it and and playing basketball my whole life. I will forever think it was a missed opportunity that Blake Griffin wasn't the lead. That dude actually has real comedy chops. I hope he pursues stand up after his career.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Soooo....Ready Player One.....

Weird to see rapist characters next to Scooby Doo characters.

Suspect's Reviews

Listen this isn't for me. Never been a LeBron dude and this looks like a mess to me. Loved the first one growing up on it and and playing basketball my whole life. I will forever think it was a missed opportunity that Blake Griffin wasn't the lead. That dude actually has real comedy chops. I hope he pursues stand up after his career.
i agree i always prefer original space jam with Michael jordan

Welcome to the human race...
Soooo....Ready Player One.....

Weird to see rapist characters next to Scooby Doo characters.
Especially after there was such a big deal about cutting Pepe Le Pew out of the film.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Where in the trailer is the Clockwork Orange part, can't see anything?

Towards the end, in the crowd behind the robot player. Mystery machine is right behind them.

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210406-135716_Discord.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	112.5 KB
ID:	75949