Pets

Tools    

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Sorry to hear that Rodent.

It's a good job ducks can fly 'cos I doubt many can still walk round your area crick

Enjoying some duck feet-
Not gonna say a word.

RIP Luna, a few weeks shy of 13 years old. She had water on the lungs and other problems and it's been a long 3-4 week goodbye knowing what was coming.

She had all the treats and walks in favorite spots, managing what she could, even being carried around.

She passed peacefully this morning after one last growl at the Vet.

Awwww so sorry to hear, may she rest in peace.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Agreed. Adorable looking pup, growling and all

I'm sorry to read the news, but I'm sure she loved every moment. I don't know how you get, but losing my DB was tough. Took a while (a long while) to get past the grief of it all, but at some point a switch flicked. Now I can't look back without a laugh at all of her rat-terrier oddities or telling some random story of piles of raw bacon barf, shredded Sears Catalogs, or 20MPH figure-8s she'd spin through the house. Here's hoping you can soon remember the fun, goofy things she did with you, and that the grief will ease sooner than later.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Agreed. Adorable looking pup, growling and all

I'm sorry to read the news, but I'm sure she loved every moment. I don't know how you get, but losing my DB was tough. Took a while (a long while) to get past the grief of it all, but at some point a switch flicked. Now I can't look back without a laugh at all of her rat-terrier oddities or telling some random story of piles of raw bacon barf, shredded Sears Catalogs, or 20MPH figure-8s she'd spin through the house. Here's hoping you can soon remember the fun, goofy things she did with you, and that the grief will ease sooner than later.
Agnieszka and myself just came home and had a long sit in the garden with a coffee not knowing what to do with ourselves, reminiscing about all the good times with her. On a positive note she had pups 5 years ago and we kept one, Zara and we have another dog Skye so we weren't coming home to an awful empty house.

The times I've been moved to tears have been over the past week sitting with her, watching her on her last trip to the beach but the actual event at the vets was more like closure, I was up at 5am just to bring her into bed for a big cuddle and stroke before we went off to her favorite spot for a last stroll and paddle about.

There was a moment on the beach where we left her for a couple of minutes and she just seemed to be taking in the horizon one more time. Miss you girl!

Agnieszka and myself just came home and had a long sit in the garden with a coffee not knowing what to do with ourselves, reminiscing about all the good times with her. On a positive note she had pups 5 years ago and we kept one, Zara and we have another dog Skye so we weren't coming home to an awful empty house.
This is a really sweet way to keep her around, so to speak.

The times I've been moved to tears have been over the past week sitting with her, watching her on her last trip to the beach but the actual event at the vets was more like closure, I was up at 5am just to bring her into bed for a big cuddle and stroke before we went off to her favorite spot for a last stroll and paddle about.
Yeah, that's the worst stuff to think about. Their last X. When I put my cat down I was just doing that constantly. It's no good, just have to think past it, do what has to be done, and remember the good stuff. That's when it starts to scab over and heal a bit.

It'll get better.

This is a really sweet way to keep her around, so to speak.

Yeah, that's the worst stuff to think about. Their last X. When I put my cat down I was just doing that constantly. It's no good, just have to think past it, do what has to be done, and remember the good stuff. That's when it starts to scab over and heal a bit.

It'll get better.
That's literally been my week or past few weeks to an extent. It's us humans that have trouble letting go, the animals themselves just get on with it.

Yea it had to be done no question, we had the option a few weeks ago but as she wasn't in pain we decided to give her a few more weeks, even if it was mostly plodding around the house. Once her breathing became a bit laboured this week it was time. She was slowing down a lot 2 years ago and has done well to make it this far.

Thanks Yoda!

There was a moment on the beach where we left her for a couple of minutes and she just seemed to be taking in the horizon one more time. Miss you girl!
Oh my gosh, this made me cry.

So very sorry for your loss. R.I.P. Luna

Think I mentioned this earlier, but I'm doing an all-day charity stream from about 1:00 PM to 10:00 PM ET today. It benefits three animal welfare charities, and I'm personally matching all donations.

It's mostly gaming-themed because it's centered around a video game community I'm a part of, but some of it's just generally fun too. There's raffled prizes, as well, though they too are mostly game-themed.

It's gonna be at https://www.twitch.tv/spypartyfans. All are welcome to just watch/chat/hang out, too.