Oscar's Best Adapted Screenplay 2021

Tools    

What wins for this year's Best Adapted Screenplay?
8.33%
1 votes
Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
25.00%
3 votes
The Father
41.67%
5 votes
Nomadland
8.33%
1 votes
One Night in Miami...
16.67%
2 votes
The White Tiger
12 votes. You may not vote on this poll

The five scripts chosen for Adapted Screenplay. Which will win the Academy Award?

Borat Subsequent Moviefilm
The Father
Nomadland
One Night in Miami...
The White Tiger

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Borat? Give me a break.

This will go to either Nomadland or One Night in Miami...
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Just saw The Father and I'm re-thinking my original vote for Nomadland. As wonderful as the story of Nomadland is, I wouldn't be unhappy if there was an upset in this category and this Oscar went to The Father

I chose the Father. I was mixed between it and Nomadland.

Just as Anthony Hopkins was an upset in Best Actor, Nomadland took a back seat to The Father when Florian Zeller and Christopher Hampton won for their adaptation of Zeller's play. This is only the third time in the last decade that the Best Picture winner didn't also take one of the two screenplay awards. The Shape of Water and The Artist were those other two.