[QUESTION]Can I make topics about specific films?

Tools    

Hi!I watched through the latest topics in general movie discussion and I haven't seen even one topic like: 'Topic for Terminator' for example.So, I got suspicious and decided to ask first)
I'm new here.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Hi!I watched through the latest topics in general movie discussion and I haven't seen even one topic like: 'Topic for Terminator' for example.So, I got suspicious and decided to ask first)
I'm new here.
Maybe try to search just for "terminator" and you'll get a wider result.

There's plenty, you might just not see them on the first page.

Check out the descriptions on the forum home page for guidance, though. For example, under Movie Reviews you'll see:

Just seen a movie? Tell us what you thought, or read other users' reviews.
So, if you wanna talk about The Terminator in general, that might go in General Movie Discussion, but if you wanna post a review of it, then it would go in Movie Reviews.

Here's one that was last posted in just yesterday:

What do you think about The Terminator (1984)?

Yeah, what ynwtf said, too: searches should start vague and broad and only get more specific if you get back too many results. It's unlikely someone would happen to phrase their title exactly like "Topic for Terminator," but it's obviously quite likely it would have the word "Terminator" in it, so just start with that and only add more words if necessary.

Oh. Just to be clear, there's a Search tool available. I'm on mobile and it's top left corner. Icon of a magnifying glass. I'm not sure how it appears on a desktop view but should be up top somewhere my guess.

Mebbe try going to the page for a particular movie (use the Movies tab from the menu at the top of the page to navigate there) - I think Yods put some code in to bring up a few associated threads on that page.

edit: Ok, iggy that as no threads show up for The Terminator at all on that movies 'home page' @Yoda - have I misunderstood how that part of the movie home page functions?

edit: Ok, iggy that as no threads show up for The Terminator at all on that movies 'home page' @Yoda - have I misunderstood how that part of the movie home page functions?
You have not, it's just not finding any for some reason.

The way it works is that, if I've linked any threads to a movie, it shows up. If I haven't, it searches automatically and tries to find threads it thinks are related based on title. Usually works okay, kinda bizarre it didn't find any Terminator ones, though. Maybe I'll experiment with a version that searches titles without "the" or something.

Just I was afraid, it would be too narrow, and somewhere there is a common topic for everything
You're cool. It's not the end of the world, it only becomes an issue if people do it a lot or clearly aren't even trying to look for existing threads. Thanks for being conscientious.

Maybe run a quick search in that case, using the actual search tool. My guess, there's going to be several Terminator themed topics floating all over here, under different sections. I'd do the search then scroll through the search results until seeing a current thread title that looks interesting. Read through it and if it's in line with what you're wanting to discuss, then post away.

It's kind of a slow process but I've found some neat conversations going on I might never have found otherwise. Too, you start seeing and recognizing other user names the more you read. That helps narrow down the people who seem to share similar ideas as you. Like, oh cool Joe-Whoever said EXACTLY what I'm thinking!! I need to see what else this kat is talking about... Then you see more names, more movie references, etc.

Anyway. Welcome aboard. There's a dedicated section around here to introduce yourself if you like. I'm not sure where it is. Maybe titled introductions? I'm really not sure though.

The trick is not minding
Also, if you go to “General Movie Discussion”, about six threads down, there is a thread made discussing The Terminator in fact, started by Ezrangel just 2 days ago

Update on the related threads thing on the movie page for The Terminator: it was finding results, they were just below the "score" for measuring how confident the system is that it's actually related. I've bumped that down a little, so in theory we'll see more "bad" results, but we'll be less likely to see no results. We'll live with that for awhile and, if we have too many of the former, I might look into another algorithm for finding related threads.