Justice League

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
4:3 aspect?

LAME

A system of cells interlinked
Agreed, but you get used to it/forget about it
I sit around watching Rockford Files etc. all the time, so I am OK with it in some instances. Just seems like a REALLY weird choice for this film...

It was framed that way for IMAX.

"My intent was to have the movie, the entire film, play in a gigantic 4:3 aspect ratio on a giant IMAX screen," Snyder said at Justice Con in July 2020. "Superheroes tend to be, as figures, they tend to be less horizontal. Maybe Superman when he's flying. But when he's standing, he's more of a vertical. Everything is composed and shot that way, and a lot of the restoration is sort of trying to put that back. Put these big squares back... It's a completely different aesthetic. It's just got a different quality and one that is unusual. No one's doing that."
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Welcome to the human race...
Imagine if he ripped off Xavier Dolan's Mommy and had Superman push the sides of the frame out to 1.85:1 at a critical juncture.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm glad for this bump. I had forgotten it was out and I can't wait to watch it. I'm jazzed for the 4-hour length and was mostly disappointed with the theatrical release. I'm hoping this returns to what I was expecting originally. It may be the weekend though before I can dedicate the time sink =\

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
A lot of people talked about how much the movie sucked, but now so many are excited for a Zack Snyder cut, but can a director's cut really save a movie if you think it's bad to begin with?

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
A lot of people talked about how much the movie sucked, but now so many are excited for a Zack Snyder cut, but can a director's cut really save a movie if you think it's bad to begin with?
Yes. Justice league felt thrown together and scenes felt misplaced. Now you get to see everything as you should and it flows way better.

I didn't enjoy BvS or Watchmen theatricals
Troy's DC is surprisingly worse than the theatrical
I think Alien 3's was better, it's been a while though

I can't remember how different the Donner cut of Superman II was (if anyone can help?)

Oh, I misread. Sorry.

Yeah, it's not gonna be on other streaming platforms for awhile. This is part of HBO Max's big exclusivity thing.
I'll have to crash someone's house I suppose.

ot: I remember thinking the Donner Cut was a better version of SM II which is the one I own but I honestly couldn't say if I wouldn't like the theatrical cut of that one.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm 53 minutes in and need to stop for the night. Work schedules, not movie fatigue

It took all of five minutes to adjust to the 4:3 format. No issues there. I will say the trademark slow motion is a bit overkill and one character in particular took way too long to do just one task, risking an entire world's existence making emotional turns every few steps or so, but even with that and just a quarter way through, it's still better at 53 minutes than the full theatrical release. IMO, of course.

The most difficult issue for me has just been in trying to remind myself of the timeline of events and that weird things that I remember seeing have yet to happen in THIS version. That's a bit trippy, but wouldn't be an issue had I started with BvS as a reminder of what (when?) is what. Maybe consider a rewatch of that before diving into this one. To reset the palate, so to speak.

Hopefully I can finish this tomorrow night. Hopefully it stays on course. Good vibes all in all, so far. Just know what you're walking into being a Snyder cut. I'm totally OK with that.

I will say the trademark slow motion is a bit overkill and one character in particular took way too long to do just one task

I got £10 on it being Lois getting coffee

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Yes. Justice league felt thrown together and scenes felt misplaced. Now you get to see everything as you should and it flows way better.
Oh okay, as long as it would work. I mean it seems to me that that's like Christopher Nolan deciding recut the 1997 Batman and Robin, into Christopher Nolan's Batman and Robin. It only seems like so much you can do there, but maybe .