Why the F is it impossible to find Varda movies online???

Tools    

Every time I look for one (except Cleo) I can't find it. If her movies are so great then why is the internet flat-out ignoring them?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Every time I look for one (except Cleo) I can't find it. If her movies are so great then why is the internet flat-out ignoring them?

I don't think she's even close to being a great director. The only one I semi-liked was "Vagabond", which I could only give a 6/10

I just saw one on TV... It was so awful.. "Lions" something - not worth even looking it up....

I found her to be pretentious, not only the movies, but Agnes herself in documentaries.

The Criterion Channel has a bunch of her films. Depending on what country you are in, you may be able to subscribe to it.

The Criterion Channel has a bunch of her films. Depending on what country you are in, you may be able to subscribe to it.
Unfortunately I need to keep track of the Paramount+ free trial right now. I can take breaks, but I've been wanting to get to Varda films forever. I vouldn't get into Cleo so I want to find other Varda movies.

They aren't... but if you really want her buy the hard copies

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=The+Agn%C...ref=nb_sb_noss

I've thought about that, but why buy a movie I will most likely not watch more than once? If I couldn't get into Cleo yet, there's a chance I don't get into the ones I buy and then I wasted money. I still want to give her a shot, but I rarely buy dvd's when I have streaming. I might consider the Criterion Channel after my free month of Paramount+ is done.

I've thought about that, but why buy a movie I will most likely not watch more than once? If I couldn't get into Cleo yet, there's a chance I don't get into the ones I buy and then I wasted money. I still want to give her a shot, but I rarely buy dvd's when I have streaming. I might consider the Criterion Channel after my free month of Paramount+ is done.
Which Varda's are you looking to watch?

Which Varda's are you looking to watch?

I want to start with the narrative ones and then move onto the documentaries.

Documentuer
Jacqout
Le Bonhuer
La Pointe-Courte
One Sings, the Other Doesn't

I know where to find Cleo 5 to 7 and that's the only one.

As of a month or two ago, the Criterion Channel had seemingly everything she ever made. I started watching them in chronological order, going through the shorts and features.

I absolutely loved Le Bonheur. I really liked Cleo from 9 to 5. EDIT: DANG IT! Fine, I'm leaving the typo because it is kind of hilarious.

La Pointe Courte and Les Creatures both had interesting or unique moments, but didn't have the same impact for me. I gave both a 7/10 on IMDb.

Once you are done with your current Paramount + subscription, I'd say it's worth checking out if the Criterion Channel is something you want. It's only $9.99/month and I'd say it's the subscription that gives me the most bang for my buck.

According to JustWatch.com, Young Girls of Rochefort is streaming on HBO Max. Other than that, Criterion Channel seems to be your best option. Fandor also has a few, it seems.

The trick is not minding
According to JustWatch.com, Young Girls of Rochefort is streaming on HBO Max. Other than that, Criterion Channel seems to be your best option. Fandor also has a few, it seems.
Young Girls of Rochefort is directed by Demy actually.

Then you sell it to recoup the cost, personally I find Varda's films to be similar to watching paint dry.

Fandor is basically defunct, so definitely wouldn't recommend that, unless you want to game the free trial at your own risk.

Young Girls of Rochefort is directed by Demy actually.
Ugh, not sure why it came up when seaching Varda films on JustWatch. Thanks for the clarification.

Fandor is basically defunct, so definitely wouldn't recommend that, unless you want to game the free trial at your own risk.
I've never tried, but saw it pop up on a few entries when searching Varda films on JustWatch. Thanks for the heads-up.

Then you sell it to recoup the cost, personally I find Varda's films to be similar to watching paint dry.
Sure, if I can find anyone*else who would buy Varda. It costs to put things online, too.

Victim of The Night
I don't think she's even close to being a great director. The only one I semi-liked was "Vagabond", which I could only give a 6/10

I just saw one on TV... It was so awful.. "Lions" something - not worth even looking it up....

I found her to be pretentious, not only the movies, but Agnes herself in documentaries.
Wow.
I literally thought Cleo was one of the best movies I've seen in a decade and that it was entirely because of Varda who I then came on here and asked everyone why she wasn't the face of The French New Wave.
So we differ on this subject.

You should just get all of your Agnès Varda movies as bootleg DVDs from those guys who sell them on blankets in the subway. They always have the latest Marvel releases and of course the entire Agnès Varda catalogue.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra