🌟 Star Trek, TOS 🌟

Tools    

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
Correct! That's Elisha Cook, Jr., who has been in everything from The Maltese Falcon to Salem's Lot.
If I were ever arrested, I'd want Cogley to represent me.
Yeah I remember him in The Maltese Falcon. I'm a fan of Humphrey Bogart.

Just an aside: I found the recent episode of Ancient Aliens with William Shatner On-Demand and watched it.

It was a round-table discussion with various people (some scientists, religious experts & ancient alien theorists) & some video calls, along with various footage for the show.

I was impressed with how alert, cognizant, personable, and sharp Shatner appeared at age 89 (too bad he couldn't run for President!)

He played the skeptic to the rest of the round table and asked them to convince him about ancient alien theories. He seemed pretty good at asking skeptical questions and, although I didn't really hear anything I hadn't heard before, he made the show entertaining to watch (I had a few LOL moments just watching Shatner's facial expressions he made in response to things he was hearing.).

I wonder how much he was paid for his brief appearances in that episode.
I'm not sure, but while researching the episode on Wikipedia, I noticed this:

A 1995 newspaper fan vote for worst episode of the series nominated this episode and "A Piece of the Action"

I can understand this one being chosen, but A Piece of the Action? That's a fun one, if I recall.

William Shatner and Jean Smart Share the Sweet First Trailer for Their Romantic Comedy Senior Moment

https://people.com/movies/william-sh...ment/?amp=true
I watched most of that trailer and thought, "Christopher Lloyd and Shatner? That's an odd pairing. I'd never imagine them together in anything."

And then I remembered Star Trek 3!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Just an aside: I found the recent episode of Ancient Aliens with William Shatner On-Demand and watched it.

It was a round-table discussion with various people (some scientists, religious experts & ancient alien theorists) & some video calls, along with various footage for the show.

I was impressed with how alert, cognizant, personable, and sharp Shatner appeared at age 89 (too bad he couldn't run for President!)

He played the skeptic to the rest of the round table and asked them to convince him about ancient alien theories. He seemed pretty good at asking skeptical questions and, although I didn't really hear anything I hadn't heard before, he made the show entertaining to watch (I had a few LOL moments just watching Shatner's facial expressions he made in response to things he was hearing.).

You would think, with all the aliens he met in Star Trek, he wouldn't be so skeptical about aliens.

I'm not sure, but while researching the episode on Wikipedia, I noticed this:

A 1995 newspaper fan vote for worst episode of the series nominated this episode and "A Piece of the Action"

I can understand this one being chosen, but A Piece of the Action? That's a fun one, if I recall.

I agree that "And the Children Shall Lead" is one of the worst "Star Trek" TOS episodes, but "A Piece of the Action" is one of my favorite TOS episodes. It might even make my top ten.

I watched most of that trailer and thought, "Christopher Lloyd and Shatner? That's an odd pairing. I'd never imagine them together in anything."

And then I remembered Star Trek 3!

The weird thing is that I could almost see a little bit of Reverend Jim in Christopher Lloyd's Klingon Commander in Star Trek III. (I kind of see a little of Reverend Jim in just about every character that Christopher Lloyd plays. )

You would think, with all the aliens he met in Star Trek, he wouldn't be so skeptical about aliens.
Since the rest of the table consisted of ancient alien believers, it seemed like they needed someone to play the skeptic and ask the questions for the theorists to try to explain.

Of course I realize it was scripted (with maybe a bit of ad-libbing here & there), but Shatner did a nice job of making it seem spontaneous and keeping it lively while not poo-pooing anyone's theories.

Not all the other guys agreed with the each other on various details, but they were all firm believers in either ancient aliens or that we have been or are being visited by aliens in modern times.

Correct. I thought that would be hard.
Kim Darby is very distinctive looking and I recently seen her in True Grit, of course she was much younger in that movie. I'm glad you're posting to this thread, I enjoy it