Favourite MCU film?

Tools    

No a huge fan of the MCU overall, but Winter Soldier is my favorite. It's the only time a Marvel film managed to craft a compelling character dynamic which wasn't lost in the action scenes.
Popcorn is my brother from another planet.

They're all formulaic garbage that sucks hard.

So none.
Yeah. Infinity War.

Prolly Guardians 2 tbh. The issue I have with a lot of MCU movies is that the emotional stuff feels pretty weak. Even after this many films, I don't really care about most of the characters. I don't give rats ass if I see, say, Scarlet Witch crying because to me Scarlet Witch is just woman who shoot red magic ball thing at bad guy. That's the reason I didn't like Infinity War as much as others did (still a good movie, don't get me wrong). The Guardians movies have always felt like they've had more of a core, and since they are for the most part separated from the rest of what's happening Gunn is able to really focus in on the characters. Guardians 2 is also the first movie in the MCU that isn't in black and white, and while there are some pretty corny scenes and it's largely predictable, the humor, wit, and character make it the most fun of all the MCU films in my opinion

Hopefully 3 is as good as the first two, and hopefully that Suicide Squad Movie James Gunn is doing doesn't suck even though every single character in the Suicide Squad sucks ass (I'll give you 5 million dollars and a handjob if you can find me one person whose favorite DC Character is Rick Flag)

Infinity War is the top of the hill.

Victim of The Night
Probably still The Avengers, though I do love Civil War and Thor: Ragnarok.

Victim of The Night
Prolly Guardians 2 tbh. The issue I have with a lot of MCU movies is that the emotional stuff feels pretty weak. Even after this many films, I don't really care about most of the characters. I don't give rats ass if I see, say, Scarlet Witch crying because to me Scarlet Witch is just woman who shoot red magic ball thing at bad guy. That's the reason I didn't like Infinity War as much as others did (still a good movie, don't get me wrong). The Guardians movies have always felt like they've had more of a core, and since they are for the most part separated from the rest of what's happening Gunn is able to really focus in on the characters. Guardians 2 is also the first movie in the MCU that isn't in black and white, and while there are some pretty corny scenes and it's largely predictable, the humor, wit, and character make it the most fun of all the MCU films in my opinion

Hopefully 3 is as good as the first two, and hopefully that Suicide Squad Movie James Gunn is doing doesn't suck even though every single character in the Suicide Squad sucks ass (I'll give you 5 million dollars and a handjob if you can find me one person whose favorite DC Character is Rick Flag)
That surprises me.
I feel like the reason I care about the MCU and not the DCEU at all is that I care, kinda deeply honestly, about the characters.
I have had such deep feeling for Natasha, Steve, and Thor, especially.
And my problem with Guardians was the only one they made me care about was the raccoon. Which may actually be enough.

Victim of The Night
Captain Marvel.

Why? Because she is the strongest. I agree that besides her character, the movie by itself is not very good but I kinda loved her character.
It's an interesting point.
I was incredibly psyched for this movie and I felt so let down and I have now watched it four times hoping I missed how it was actually a good movie, but I didn't.
But I love her character, I love her moments of triumphant transcendence, when she discovers her real power, when she then flexes that power on the Kree, and when she just whoops Yon-Rog's ass... those moments give me the big feels.
So I keep watching it even though.

Winter Soldier, easily. It's one of the only ones to work as a somewhat self-contained story, have not totally weightless action and involve credible personal stakes for the characters and reflect on their ideologies.
And my problem with Guardians was the only one they made me care about was the raccoon. Which may actually be enough.
Are you guys sure about that?:

This is not the crying thread, Stu.

Also, I am indifferent to Black Panther and find Chris Pratt aggressively terrible in these movies.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
My favorite MCU movie is either Iron Man (2008) or The Avengers (2012), but I haven't seen all of the MCU movies yet.

However my favorite Marvel movie isn't a movie from the MCU. It's X-Men (2000), and my favorite superhero movie is Superman the Movie (1978).

Victim of The Night

I may be missing your point about BP which I loved and cared about a great deal.
I didn't care much about Quill at any point in the films so far, I think they overdo him just enough that I can never feel his emotions are genuine.

Setting myself up for ridicule here, but what the heck. If we're talking favorite, as in "I can only watch one MCU film for the rest of my life", I'm going with Incredible Hulk ('08). The Hulk is my guy, and as a film I think that this (and Iron Man '08) came closest to capturing the spirit of the comics of my youth.
Ain't no shame in my game.

A system of cells interlinked
My wife and I recently just went through the entire gauntlet... of MCU films, watching the entire run in chronological order. Some have held up better than others, and I think it is hard for me to pick just one as a favorite, so I will choose three...

Guardians of the Galaxy

A rip-roaring adventure that is both fun and funny, while still being a downright excellent science fiction film at the same time. The shine hasn't worn off at all, and all the comedy still lands. Great stuff.

Captain America : The Winter Soldier

"On your left..."

If I recall, this is when people really took notice of what The Russo Brothers could do. This 60s style espionage flick still plays really well. It's dark and well-paced, with a mysterious villain, great sound design and set pieces, and a bad ass car chase. Marvel does Bond, while out-classing the recent Bond stuff. Kind of the opposite in tone of Guardians, when you aren't in the mood for the constant barrage of jokes etc. IMO, The Captain America trilogy is easily the best trilogy in the MCU, by a country mile.

Avengers: Infinity War

This just edges The Avengers for me, and IMO, is quite a bit better than Endgame, which suffers from pacing problems and some plot hole issues that inevitably pop up in time travel stuff. Also, the magic wand fix of the quantum realm was sort of a cop out. Meanwhile, Infinity War pretty close to flawless as a dark penultimate chapter in the massive sage of the MCU Infinity cycle. My wife and I left the theater gob smacked, and even with its lengthy run time, would have considered turning around and going back in to see it again if it wasn't sold out. Someone in this thread mentioned Witch being underdeveloped and just someone that throws red balls at bad guys, and in some ways I agree. I still love the character, and she is now finally getting the treatment and development she deserves in Wandavision. Witch is awesome, and she did deserve more depth in the main films. That said, she may be too complex of a character to do proper justice in ensemble pieces, hence the dedicated show.

My wife and I recently just went through the entire gauntlet... of MCU films, watching the entire run in chronological order. Some have held up better than others, and I think it is hard for me to pick just one as a favorite, so I will choose three...

Guardians of the Galaxy

A rip-roaring adventure that is both fun and funny, while still being a downright excellent science fiction film at the same time. The shine hasn't worn off at all, and all the comedy still lands. Great stuff.

"On your left..."

If I recall, this is when people really took notice of what The Russo Brothers could do. This 60s style espionage flick still plays really well. It's dark and well-paced, with a mysterious villain, great sound design and set pieces, and a bad ass car chase. Marvel does Bond, while out-classing the recent Bond stuff. Kind of the opposite in tone of Guardians, when you aren't in the mood for the constant barrage of jokes etc. IMO, The Captain America trilogy is easily the best trilogy in the MCU, by a country mile.

This just edges The Avengers for me, and IMO, is quite a bit better than Endgame, which suffers from pacing problems and some plot hole issues that inevitably pop up in time travel stuff. Also, the magic wand fix of the quantum realm was sort of a cop out. Meanwhile, Infinity War pretty close to flawless as a dark penultimate chapter in the massive sage of the MCU Infinity cycle. My wife and I left the theater gob smacked, and even with its lengthy run time, would have considered turning around and going back in to see it again if it wasn't sold out. Someone in this thread mentioned Witch being underdeveloped and just someone that throws red balls at bad guys, and in some ways I agree. I still love the character, and she is now finally getting the treatment and development she deserves in Wandavision. Witch is awesome, and she did deserve more depth in the main films. That said, she may be too complex of a character to do proper justice in ensemble pieces, hence the dedicated show.

Guardians of the Galaxy

"On your left..."

I'm not as down as Guardians of the Galaxy as some people are, but I'm with you on the other two.

This is not the crying thread, Stu.

Also, I am indifferent to Black Panther and find Chris Pratt aggressively terrible in these movies.
To each his own; personally, I felt the character work in both those movies was great, and better than the equivalent in Winter Soldier, where the character-focused material felt like something of an afterthought next to the action scenes, as opposed to something like The Bourne Supremacy, another Spy Thriller that I felt did a better job of balancing the two elements evenly.
I may be missing your point about BP which I loved and cared about a great deal.
I didn't care much about Quill at any point in the films so far, I think they overdo him just enough that I can never feel his emotions are genuine.
The Black Panther GIF was directed at Rock-O specifically, not you. At any rate, I'm glad to hear you're a fan of BP, Wool.

Avengers. It pretty much sums up everything you need from a superhero movie with incredible action sequences and a top-notch sense of charisma.