Man returns to his colonial house, sees his family barely having food

Tools    

Hi, an old movie (before 2005, maybe before 2000) where a man returns after some time (I think from war) to his colonial house where his family still lives.

At first sight everything seemed normal, but he slowly realises that the war had changed everything while he was not here.

- The colonial house seemed abandoned because there were no people around in the surroundings, the house itself wood were starting to get old and cracked.
- His family seemed normal but in fact they barely had any food and were famine. His old father had already lost his mind but he did not know yet.

I'm not sure but I think he then learns soldiers raided his family in these times, took all their food and things, a member died maybe, and that's why the father had lost his mind.

Any thoughts?

This one seems difficult, but I still see those scenes in my mind because this movie used to air every year on TV when the Internet did not stream movies yet.

2:05:00 is where he finds the plantation where his wife and child were staying. The 'old man' was actually one of the slaves. He finds his son there and learns his wife was in an insane asylum.

https://my.mail.ru/bk/garuss/video/233705/238240.html