Clear and Present Danger

Tools    

I'm trying to recall who it was who recently coined that movie title when addressing the entire nation, like a geriatric, over-dramatic fool. And it had no steam. And it was laughable.

Any help with this? For the life of me, I can't recall.

I don't know which political person you are attempting to drag here, but the phrase "Clear and Present Danger" pre-dates both this era and Tom Clancy using it for a book title.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I don't know which political person you are attempting to drag here, but the phrase "Clear and Present Danger" pre-dates both this era and Tom Clancy using it for a book title.
That might give me a clue. Which means whoever it was must be VERY old.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clea...present_danger

Looks like it relates to free speech law?

Maybe you're thinking of Nixon's "public enemy number one" or Reagan's "evil empire"? Moffat in the movie seems like a stand-in for Reagan or Bush, so likely something one of them said.

Maybe you're thinking of Nixon's "public enemy number one" or Reagan's "evil empire"? Moffat in the movie seems like a stand-in for Reagan or Bush, so likely something one of them said.
I'm assuming it's not Carter's "crisis of confidence" lol

Seems it may have been someone fueled by formaldehyde with paradoxical mouth, jaw, lips and teeth movement. I recall much pointing and involuntary hand gestures as well.
I'll get this solved sooner or later. Thanks for the help though!

Just did a rewatch of this,and it s a damn fine film, the tension is always there, the acting is great and the score is amazing , typical good 90s political thriller

My Darth Star is in for a service
Seems it may have been someone fueled by formaldehyde with paradoxical mouth, jaw, lips and teeth movement. I recall much pointing and involuntary hand gestures as well.
I'll get this solved sooner or later. Thanks for the help though!
You've gone and Don it now, Admins on Orange Alert for political posts.

You've gone and Don it now, Admins on Orange Alert for political posts.
Well, I should have included a caveat. So I will do it here. The person addressing the nation was someone in character for a parody.
It may have been on SNL. I'll figure it out in time.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
It's one of the best thrillers of the 90s, and the best Jack Ryan movie.

Victim of The Night
It's one of the best thrillers of the 90s, and the best Jack Ryan movie.
I strongly prefer Red October.

Red October is my second for sure .

I strongly prefer Red October.
Absolutely; I mean, the ambush sequence in C&PD was a really good action scene...

...but it didn't distinguish itself very much besides that, as it was a fairly generic Harrison Ford Action/Thriller vehicle otherwise, like Patriot Games; I mean, I guess it was slightly better than that one, but that's not saying a ton. So, yeah... Red October is great, and far and away the best Jack Ryan film I've seen.

Oh well Patriot Games I thought was the least best Jack Ryan one, and I found that to be very mediocre and generic, and the least interesting one in the series. The Hunt for Red October may be better than Clear and Present Danger for me in some ways though, it's a tough call.

Victim of The Night
Oh well Patriot Games I thought was the least best Jack Ryan one, and I found that to be very mediocre and generic, and the least interesting one in the series. The Hunt for Red October may be better than Clear and Present Danger for me in some ways though, it's a tough call.
I agree, I think, I don't remember Patriot Games being particularly good.
But I also just didn't like Harrison Ford as Jack Ryan. I generally only like Ford when he plays the more fun of the two characters he's played in every film in his entire career.

Oh okay. Well Ford is my favorite actor of all time possibly, so I am definitely bias to him as Ryan, but I do acknowledge he is in both my least favorite and most favorite Ryan movies.

I agree, I think, I don't remember Patriot Games being particularly good.
But I also just didn't like Harrison Ford as Jack Ryan. I generally only like Ford when he plays the more fun of the two characters he's played in every film in his entire career.
Well, while I didn't think that much of Ford's Ryan films, I actually thought he filled the role quite well, as an older, more grizzled version of the character. I mean, Baldwin's still my favorite Ryan on the whole, but something I never bought from his version of the character was that he was supposed to be a Marine who survived a deadly helicopter crash during training, which is something that's mentioned in the film version of October, and is just hard to buy with his youthful, fresh-faced take on the character; now, with Harrison Ford, that's something I can buy very easily, you know?

Tom Clancy said that Ford was the closest potrayal to his character, but not that that's important, if you are looking for entertainment in the movies and not the books though. Just thought that was interesting.