Justice League

Tools    

Yes. It was Damage Control.

The test screenings were horrendous, and Warner Bros. wanted someone who'd fix things (Plot, Characters, etc.) and make it "fun."

Thank you, Zack.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
What a ****up by DC. The golden age of the comic book movie has ended, I'd say it was arguably 2000-2012, things have been going downhill since although there have been exceptions, X-Men DOFP, Wonder Woman come to mind. People are growing tired of the format too, kudos to Thor for basically doing a comedy. So 5 years after this golden age DC finally roll out their equivalent of "The Avengers", and just like MOS and B vs S it is not going well.

They had a legendary set of movies with the Dark Knight trilogy which should have been a springboard into Justice League, but Nolan didn't want it but I'm sure they could have gotten Bale on-board, so we end up with a brand new Batman which was just set up to fail even though he is OK. It's like Marvel casting a new Iron Man for the Avengers despite the great job done by Robert Downey Jnr. Then there was the badly handled Superman saga, we get an OK movie with Superman Returns which gets dumped for a terrible Reboot with Man of Steel, yes they actually got a new Superman and made it WORSE.

Wonder Woman has been great all round but the other big 2 terribly mishandled, and in the Justice League movie we are getting several new characters that no one outside of comic book readers really knows with no films of their own unlike the Marvel set.

I'm fairly sure they will make a small profit from all this (if you exclude TDK trilogy) but what should have been several billion profit will end up being a fraction of that.

To be fair, Nolan's Universe was essentially the closest thing to Batman in "The Real World."

He was going for realism; and you can't have people like Aquaman and Superman combining with Nolan's Realism.

And I also beg to differ in regard to a certain "Golden Age of Comic Book Movies." There was never a Golden Age for them. The closet thing we got was 2008-2012. That's it.

https://theplaylist.net/petition-zac...ague-20171120/

Of course you do, the movie is such a rotten piece of sh*t that'll you'll come up with any excuse to justify it. What are you gonna do next? Try to boycott RT again?

'The Snyder Cut' is probably worse...

The Bib-iest of Nickels
https://theplaylist.net/petition-zac...ague-20171120/

Of course you do, the movie is such a rotten piece of sh*t that'll you'll come up with any excuse to justify it. What are you gonna do next? Try to boycott RT again?

'The Snyder Cut' is probably worse...
I watched Justice League. The film sucked. I bet that "The Snyder Cut" also likely sucked. However, I wouldn't be surprised if "The Snyder Cut" is a considerable improvement. Simply because I disliked Justice League much more than I disliked Batman v Superman or Man of Steel, which means that something closer to his vision might be better than what we received. Oh, and the humor in the film made me cringe, which means, without it, I might not cringe as much.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The content drought caused by the pandemic helped. Not sure how far $20-30 million goes, but we'll see.

Jared Leto’s Joker got worse.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
I wonder if there is some contract stuff that needed to be fulfilled and that’s why they are shoehorning Leto in.

Unless the reception is horrendous, I’ll probably end up watching this even though I hated the first cut and doesn’t dig what Snyder has been doing these days...

But I’m a fan of Watchmen, though so far it’s felt like that was a lucky punch from him, combined with great source material. After that he hasn’t been worth much and he’s been super inconsistent as a filmmaker.*

So that’s why I have so much doubt. He hasn’t really proven himself yet. He did good with Dawn of the Dead remake and then hit the jackpot with 300, but he has just been repeating that style and formula ever since, to various degrees...

But yeah, I feel like Watchmen worked - excluding the source material - because Snyder seemed to have a lot of creative control and went all the way with it. It really felt like him trying to create a big Magnum Opus. So we’ll see what happens with this “Snyder Cut”. I’m not excited for it, but I’m a little bit interested to see how this project pans out, considering the circumstances and millions put into it.

Unless the reception is horrendous, I’ll probably end up watching this even though I hated the first cut and doesn’t dig what Snyder has been doing these days...

But I’m a fan of Watchmen, though so far it’s felt like that was a lucky punch from him, combined with great source material. After that he hasn’t been worth much and he’s been super inconsistent as a filmmaker.*

So that’s why I have so much doubt. He hasn’t really proven himself yet. He did good with Dawn of the Dead remake and then hit the jackpot with 300, but he has just been repeating that style and formula ever since, to various degrees...

But yeah, I feel like Watchmen worked - excluding the source material - because Snyder seemed to have a lot of creative control and went all the way with it. It really felt like him trying to create a big Magnum Opus. So we’ll see what happens with this “Snyder Cut”. I’m not excited for it, but I’m a little bit interested to see how this project pans out, considering the circumstances and millions put into it.

The story behind this will probably be better than the movie. I want it to be good but I'm just amazed it's been done!

I didn't enjoy the theatricals of Watchmen and BvS, love Watchmen director's cut, BvS Ultimate cut is a better movie so I'm optimistic it'll be better than the disappointing Whedon cut

Recently watched Sucker Punch for the first time, it wasn't as bad as I was expecting, I'll watch it again at some point but not anytime soon

Anyone know if this will be available on streaming services like Amazone Prime in the US? I don't have HBO max

Wow

The first 90 minutes is hit and miss, the rest is pretty great. Huge improvement but 4 hours is off putting for some, I am not some, loved it overall