The Videogames Tab

Tools    

A system of cells interlinked
7 is the only one I played from start to finish and was amazing. I should try another sometime.
I recommend VI (which is FF III in the US)

@Sedai
Is that one on super Nintendo? Could be in the box of free goodies I got from my Aunt last christmas
It is! I have it on my lil' SNS Classic console. I played a fair amount of it somewhat recently, and it might be the best storytelling in the series. After a while though, the random battle aspect started to wear on me a bit. will get back to it eventually.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Sweet yeah they scored me big with CIB Final Fantasy 2 and 3, Link to the past, Secret of Mana. Oh and a complete in box super Nintendo. Nice adds to my insane collection.

...Nice adds to my insane collection.
I'll say!!!
Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

You ready? You look ready.
I'm addicted to FF7. I don't have enough fingers to count the number of times I have played it.

https://gameclips.io/toniebarde

Pardon all the ads on that site, but there's the clips I shared on Xbox.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The Adventure Starts Here!
You can play all the Zork games for free on the web. A couple of years ago, when Lisa and I, and another couple rented a winter cabin next to frozen lake in NH, we sat around playing the first Zork, with one person reading and the rest of us discussing what to do etc. We got a decent amount of the way in, but then ended up getting stuck at one point, I don't think we ever ended up going back to it.
Did you get eaten by a grue?

Well, at this point, I own them all (I think the first three or four were part of a set for under six bucks total), so playing them for free is a moot point.

Actually, that sounds like a great way to do the text-based early games. Yoda and I get together sometimes (with Mrs. Yoda and two of his sisters) to have "game days" or evenings. This would totally work for something like that (although right now we have a huge backlog of other games we want to try---covid has kept us apart for most of last year).

Did you get eaten by a grue?

Trying to recall exactly where we got stuck...it was pretty far into the game. I think there was a tall shaft of some kind, with multiple entrances, and we couldn't figure out how to get past that puzzle - I recall there being a basket on a rope or something. At that point it was late and night and our brains were all fried so we called it, and never got back to it.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
You must enter the fifth word in the second sentence found on page 9 of your instruction manual that came with your purchase to continue.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

You ready? You look ready.
Oh god, that just reminded me of that stupid thing where in MGS you had to get the frequency for Meryl off the back of the case.

Like...I rented that bitch. I ain't got no case art!

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
With The Expanse out of the way, and work deadlines wrapping up (slightly), I'm hoping to get back into Bioshock tonight or tomorrow. Or maybe Star Wars: Fallen Order. I logged out without saving and it completely skipped a transitional cutscene that I feel must have explained something important cuz last I logged in I couldn't find anything to do or access walking around the ship. *fingers crossed*

Started playing New Vegas because everyone always talks about it like it punched their high school bully in the dick and gave their mother 1000 bucks, and it's fun enough so far. Haven't gotten far enough for anything to blow me away yet, and I feel like with games that build up to something amazing doesn't happen nearly as much as with movies, but I've had fun bashing peoples brains in with a lead pipe. I understand the emptiness being part of the feeling, but it isn't really all that fun walking for a decade just to get to wherever you need to be to progress. Besides that though there's a real charm to it all. Also I can't play it anymore because it freezes whenever I try to walk out of the area I'm in.

0/10 **** you

Just bought The Last Campfire and loving it so far. I'm a sucker for these kinds of platformers anymore.

PS4 as far as I know, but I have it on XboxOne