What's the Connection?

Tools    

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Here's a new one:

Fearless

The Aviator

Six Days Seven Nights
This one is actually pretty easy, I'll give it another day and then add three more films

All of these movies feature characters who survived a plane crash?

I will go ahead and reveal that the connection between these six films is that they all feature a real life parent and child in the cast: Henry Fonda and daughter Jane Fonda were in On Golden Pond; Alan Alda and daughter Beatrice Alda were in The Four Seasons; Frank Sinatra and daughter Nancy Sinatra were in Marriage on the Rocks; Sylvester Stallone and son Sage Stallone were in Daylight, Meryl Streep and daughter Mamie Gummer were in Rikki and the Flash and Leslie Mann and daughters Maud and Iris Apatow were in Funny People.

OPEN FLOOR

OK, it's been a week so I will go ahead and reveal that each of these films marked the film debut of a director: A Bronx Tale was the first film directed by Robert De Niro
My Favorite Year was the first film directed by Richard Benjamin
Sweet Charity was the first film directed by Bob Fosse
Ordinary People was the first film directed by Robert Redford
Throw Momma from the Train was the first film directed by Danny
De Vito
Cabin in the Sky was the first film directed by Vincente Minnelli

OPEN FLOOR

Seen all three so I would give this some thought...

That might be true, but it wasn't what I had in mind, so I'm going to post three more films with the same connection:

A Bronx Tale

My Favorite Year

Some Like it Hot

It's been several days so I'm going to reveal that the connection between these six films is that they were all eventually turned into Broadway musicals:

Smiles of a Summer Night became the Broadway musical A Little Night Music, which opened on February 23, 1973 with an original run of 601 performances

The Apartment was the basis for a musical called Promises Promises, which opened on Dec 1, 1968 with an original run of 1281 performances

All About Eve was the basis for a musical called Applause, which opened on March 30, 1970 with an original run of 896 performances

The musical version of A Bronx Tale opened on Broadway on Dec 1, 2016 with an original run of 700 performances

The musical version of My Favorite Year opened on Dec 10, 1992, with an original run of 36 performances

The musical version of Some Like it Hot was called Sugar and opened on April 9, 1972 with an original run of 505 performances

OPEN FLOOR

OK, it's been five days so I'm going to post a new one...what's the connection between these three films:

Who Framed Roger Rabbit?

Cool World

Invitation to the Dance

All have live-action actors interacting with cartoon characters.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra