Thor: Love and Thunder

Tools    

It isn’t so much “passed” on that another has become worthy of wielding it. As I recall, Thor retrieved his current hammer from the past, so it is possible his hammer from the present is somehow repaired and this there are now two Mjolnirs, each now finding a worthy wielder.

So she won't be called Thor then?

I've never read the comics.

The trick is not minding
So she won't be called Thor then?

I've never read the comics.
She was in the comics so I imagine she will be here as well. Not sure how it’ll all fit in this, exactly.

A system of cells interlinked
To me, nothing embodies the concept of the God of Thunder more than a 5'3", 108lb waif of an actress who is pushing 40. I like Nat Portman as much as the next person, but come on, man!

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
The Nat Raps vids are here for you.

"Honor is not in the Weapon. It is in the Man"
Official synopsis:

The film finds Thor (Chris Hemsworth) on a journey unlike anything he’s ever faced – a quest for inner peace. But his retirement is interrupted by a galactic killer known as Gorr the God Butcher (Christian Bale), who seeks the extinction of the gods. To combat the threat, Thor enlists the help of King Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), Korg (Taika Waititi) and ex-girlfriend Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), who – to Thor’s surprise – inexplicably wields his magical hammer, Mjolnir, as the Mighty Thor. Together, they embark upon a harrowing cosmic adventure to uncover the mystery of the God Butcher’s vengeance and stop him before it’s too late.

Welcome to the human race...
Man, that's a bad choice of trailer song - GNR is Sunset Strip glam metal bullsh*t that's very far removed from the kind of epic fantasy nonsense that Thor embodies (which is why "Immigrant Song" made sense even beyond the Viking connotations). Not sure why we're contesting whether Jane can use the hammer when VIsion and Captain America were able to do it.

That being said, I'm not fussed about how this looks. Ragnarok seemed like a fun enough change-up at the time but it gets worse each time I revisit it and this appears to be more of the same so I'm not expecting greatness from this anyway.

And I felt bad coming here to dump on Natalie Portman…

I’m sure she will be fine.

At issue is the Natalie Portman persona. So serious. Even when trying to do comedy, there is still a part that feels reserved. Then (potentially) thrusting her into the spotlight, seems off.

Will wait and see. I’m definitely checking out on most of these Marvel movies. Even the Guardians appearance didn’t light this fanboi up.

I’m sure she will be fine.

At issue is the Natalie Portman persona. So serious. Even when trying to do comedy, there is still a part that feels reserved. Then (potentially) thrusting her into the spotlight, seems off.

Will wait and see. I’m definitely checking out on most of these Marvel movies. Even the Guardians appearance didn’t light this fanboi up.
thats so true she did really good job on other 2 thor movies even tho shes one of my favourite actresses. u should watch them all before the new ones release. im excited for it a d doctor strange 2 and otber ones

Cannot wait for this, the visual style looks incredible

To me, nothing embodies the concept of the God of Thunder more than a 5'3", 108lb waif of an actress who is pushing 40. I like Nat Portman as much as the next person, but come on, man!
This was my hot take at first, but check out her arms in that last shot. She's lookin' surprisingly beefy.
I'm not really invested in these things anymore, so I'm open to it.

I can't wait to watch this movie

This was my hot take at first, but check out her arms in that last shot. She's lookin' surprisingly beefy.
I'm not really invested in these things anymore, so I'm open to it.
cause she works out alot for the movie.

Looks good so far. Fingers crossed.

<Snicker>

casual....bow before THROG