R.I.P. Gregory Sierra

Tools    

Sorry to hear about Sierra. I first saw him in Barney Miller. He was on the show in 1975 and 1976. Seems to me he wanted too much of a salary raise so they wrote him out.

I love that show, and it still holds up today. I don't normally watch 30 minute series anymore, because there is only about 23 minutes or so of story. But in "Miller" they were actually able to squeeze in 3 acts on every show, and it not only worked, it was hilarious.

I was just going to say he looks familiar when I seen the image from Soap that Mark posted. He was great in Soap BTW. I've seen him in other stuff too. Solid character actor.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Sorry to hear about Sierra. I first saw him in Barney Miller. He was on the show in 1975 and 1976. Seems to me he wanted too much of a salary raise so they wrote him out.

I love that show, and it still holds up today. I don't normally watch 30 minute series anymore, because there is only about 23 minutes or so of story. But in "Miller" they were actually able to squeeze in 3 acts on every show, and it not only worked, it was hilarious.
Agreed. It was one of the earlier "ensemble sitcoms," and it definitely holds up. I was watching a few episodes with my dad last month, and I was surprised at how funny it still was.