Vintage comedy

Tools    

Hi, I'm trying to find an old comedy, I think it was black and white, definitely 1930s era, this is what I can remember:

It opens with a cabaret show, only for the stairs to turn flat, all the girls slide down and off the stage, and some explosions as if to suggest 'non of that nonsense here'

A guy grabs some balloons and starts rising, another guy shoots the balloons and he falls back to the ground

A guy speaks to a painting and it replies, I think he says "Say Hi Jeff" and the head in the painting turns to the camera and replies "Hi Jeff!"

Any help tracing this movie would be appreciated!

freedom~empathy~peace
Hi. How long ago did you see this?

Was it something you watched on TV?

Hi, I'm trying to find an old comedy, I think it was black and white, definitely 1930s era, this is what I can remember:

It opens with a cabaret show, only for the stairs to turn flat, all the girls slide down and off the stage, and some explosions as if to suggest 'non of that nonsense here'

A guy grabs some balloons and starts rising, another guy shoots the balloons and he falls back to the ground

A guy speaks to a painting and it replies, I think he says "Say Hi Jeff" and the head in the painting turns to the camera and replies "Hi Jeff!"

Any help tracing this movie would be appreciated!
Everything I'm thinking of is silent. Too old?

Hellzapoppin! That's the one, thanks!