→ in
Tools    

You forgot Inception.
He forgot the Dark Knight too

and wait your right, he did forget Inception

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

The Adventure Starts Here!
Nothing, it's just a very silly riff on the Alien poster and tagline.
Oh good. I was about to do a Google search for "Alan" and "sci fi movie" to see which director or actor it was making fun of.

How does taking a date to the local drive-in where "Rushmore" is playing rank?
Don't take this the wrong way but I want to date whichever one of you chose the movie.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Only after I did!

What!! I demand to know who guessed first! damn you, thought i was the only one

The Adventure Starts Here!
Don't take this the wrong way but I want to date whichever one of you chose the movie.
It was me and my now-husband of 21 years... but "Rushmore" was actually the second film playing. We went to see whatever movie was big at the time, but that movie was sold out, so we ended up in some OTHER movie's lot... and "Rushmore" was the SECOND film. We weren't gonna stick around, but once it started playing, we stopped making out and watched the whole thing and loved it.

(Apologies to Yoda, who probably read this and threw up a little bit.)

@Skepsis93 Looks like you guessed it before me, I definitely didn't copy you though!

Welcome to the human race...
I could probably find 20 movies or more on here that I prefer The Departed over. Yet The Departed wasn't anywhere near my 25, or my 100. Maybe wouldn't make my 200. That doesn't mean I find them laughable. I love talking about movies but the from the hip dismissal of others tastes baffles me. Especially from someone who knows how to articulate their opinion intellectually.

I guess my sort response would be I find it laughable that you find two very popular movies laughable on a group list.
Understanding how and why they're popular enough to be on a user-generated list doesn't make them any less laughable.

He forgot the Dark Knight too

and wait your right, he did forget Inception
Hopefully, the rest of the voters did as well.

My Summary:

Seen: 79/88
My list: 14/25

My List  

Understanding how and why they're popular enough to be on a user-generated list doesn't make them any less laughable.
Oh good, here I thought you were just being reductive. Silly me.

Hopefully, the rest of the voters did as well.
Hopefully they didn't

The trick is not minding
The elitist snobbery is strong here!
Rather then just being simply dismissive of films making the list, I will say Alien is a well made movie, one that jump started a genre that badly needed one, and although I prefer Aliens, I do enjoy Alien for its atmosphere (ha!).
Lawrence of Arabia and Taxi Driver were both high on my list. I think....they were definitely on my list

I'm halfway through Lawrence of Arabia, my second ever watch. I had to go look at a map to try and work out where the movie takes place, though I have conquered the area many times myself on various games.

One thing it's the absolute best at, the awesome shots of them travelling along the desert with that glorious score in the background, LOTR does it well too, the shots of the Fellowship travelling along with the booming score, or Aragorn, Gimli and Legolas giving chase.

I love when he turns back up at Cairo HQ and he's like, yea that weirdo Lieutenant you sent out has taken Aquaba.

Yeah, all-time great score. It feels like the desert, so much that I think of it almost every time I see a sand dune.

Imagine writing music so good it becomes synonymous with an entire biome (you want to go to 1:20):