Laugh With Matt

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I went perusing, and realized there are handfuls of videos no longer here, and I failed to label them properly (if at all) and so it's lost forever... That might be a part of a welcome message when you join a message board -- label your stuff! It could really hurt when people are trying to figure something out, but can't.

George Carlin is probably my favorite but this one from Brian Regan always gets me...

Happy 94th Birthday, Mort Sahl

Every time the Russians throw an American in jail, WE threw an American in jail to show the Russians they couldn't get away with it.

My life needs editing.

A conservative is someone who believes in reform, but not while they're alive.

The bravest thing that men do is love women.

Television is never more false than when it's openly sincere.

I don't believe in good or bad people, I believe in the better parts of people.

Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference.

People tell me there are a lot of guys like me, which doesn't explain why I'm lonely.

A political satire's job is to draw blood. I'm not so much interested in politics as I am in overthrowing the government.

I don't think fascism is worth dying for.

The New York Times is the official leak of the State Department.

This matter of two sides to every question is bad logic and bad practice: sometimes there are no sides; sometimes there are a hundred.

There were four million people in the American Colonies and we had Jefferson and Franklin. Now we have over 300 million and the two top guys are Trump and Biden. What can you draw from this? Darwin was wrong.

I'm for capital punishment. How else are they going to learn?

Liberals feel unworthy of their possessions. Conservatives feel they deserve everything they've stolen.

Washington couldn't tell a lie, Nixon couldn't tell the truth, and Reagan couldn't tell the difference.

I get the impression that Mort has tilted ever so slightly left in his dotage. Maybe he always was. It seems to me that he --or any conscientious comedian with a brain-- would have a field day with today's wacky wokeness.

I get the impression that Mort has tilted ever so slightly left in his dotage. Maybe he always was. It seems to me that he --or any conscientious comedian with a brain-- would have a field day with today's wacky wokeness.

When people would ask if he was a liberal, he would instantly correct them by saying he was a radical.

There's a lot of his stand-up up until COVID, and he's very anti-PC and spent a lot of time making fun of today's ...... whatever this retarded **** is. I know what it is, but it doesn't deserve it.

Tons of good stuff on this channel

When people would ask if he was a liberal, he would instantly correct them by saying he was a radical.

There's a lot of his stand-up up until COVID, and he's very anti-PC and spent a lot of time making fun of today's ...... whatever this retarded **** is. I know what it is, but it doesn't deserve it.

Tons of good stuff on this channel
Yeah, I remember seeing him on TV in the late '50s and the early '60s. His political jokes were fresh for the era, and he'd make jokes about whomever was in power. That type of comedy was all new then. He had a natural ability to see the humor in most things and use that as a basis for satirizing political figures.

This is really fascinating to compare to the modern times. I think anyone would like this.
MORT SAHL Guest-Hosts THE TONIGHT SHOW 1962 (Panel of Women)

Bill Hicks was simply the best.

That is all...

From 18-28, Bill Hicks was my #1, and from 29-39, Mort Sahl has been my #1.

It would be cool if I found someone obscure who is even funnier. But there's a lot of great material on both of them on YouTube, especially uploaded in the last year or two. Steve Hicks has uploaded a TON of never-before-shows and some intimate stuff, like dictation, which I find even more fascinating. Interviews, too.

(This was taken down, so try to watch it or download/extract it ASAP before it's taken down again)
Bill Hicks - It's Just A Ride
What a great mom! I want to meet that woman.

What a great mom! I want to meet that woman.

She actually wrote me a hand-written letter after I donated to The Bill Hicks Wildlife Fund. That's the kind of mom I would want defending me. She didn't seem to care about TV, lights-camera-action, and didn't let Dave off the hook. They always blame it on the sponsors or network, but it's usually the show itself, but they know people will believe that, but they won't believe their hero would lack backbone.

It would be cool if I found someone obscure who is even funnier. But there's a lot of great material on both of them on YouTube, especially uploaded in the last year or two. Steve Hicks has uploaded a TON of never-before-shows and some intimate stuff, like dictation, which I find even more fascinating. Interviews, too.
You've probably heard of "Moms" Mabley-- an old time black comic who was wildly popular on the chitlin' circuit before white audiences found her. If not, there are some pretty good routines on YT.

I'm thinking of another old time hipster comedian named Lord Buckley who was unique and way before his time in the '50s. He was a hit with the Beatnik set, and later with underground entertainer types, although he died in 1960. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Buckley

She actually wrote me a hand-written letter after I donated to The Bill Hicks Wildlife Fund. That's the kind of mom I would want defending me. She didn't seem to care about TV, lights-camera-action, and didn't let Dave off the hook. They always blame it on the sponsors or network, but it's usually the show itself, but they know people will believe that, but they won't believe their hero would lack backbone.
Yeah, you can tell that she's the real McCoy. Such a genuine lady.