Ian McKellan helping a young woman

Tools    

Hello.
Could anybody help please with finding a name of a movie. watched on TV, aBrtish movie, staring (I think) ian Mckellen as old man helping young woman to get over her messy life, then, around his grave, she learns she is one of many many women he helped.
Thank you.

Yeah, reasonable guess that McKellan's being mixed up with another older British actor. Richard Harris? Michael Gambon? Lots of choices there, if it's not him.

The trick is not minding
Yeah, I started looking at that list of films and couldn’t find anything matching that description.
Except maybe X Men as Magneto.
No, but seriously.....probably a different actor as Yoda has suggested.

Yeah, I started looking at that list of films and couldn’t find anything matching that description.
Except maybe X Men as Magneto.
No, but seriously.....probably a different actor as Yoda has suggested.

I think he corrects Pyro when he mocks Professor's death. How Charles helped many mutants. So, yes, even I thought briefly that it could be X men.

I was also thinking this could be Mr. Holmes, but he doesn't die in it.

Yeah, reasonable guess that McKellan's being mixed up with another older British actor. Richard Harris? Michael Gambon? Lots of choices there, if it's not him.
Does he mean Venus with Peter O’Toole?

Good question. O'Toole is a particularly good choice for a prominent older actor who might be confused with McKellan, too, as he looks and "feels" a lot more like him than the examples I chose.

Good question. O'Toole is a particularly good choice for a prominent older actor who might be confused with McKellan, too, as he looks and "feels" a lot more like him than the examples I chose.
I bailed out before Venus ended so no clue if it fits his description.