United States - They Live, Whiplash and the Terminator duology
United Kingdom - The World's End
Canada - Terrance and Phillip: Asses of Fire
The greatest country in the world - A Wonderful Night in Split
Serbia - Black Cat, White Cat
B&H - No Man's Land
Russia - The Return
Ukraine - The Tribe
Czechia - Marketa Lazarova (a total beast of a movie. I can't shill it enough.)
Poland - Sexmission
China - Hero
Giappone - Spirited Away
South Korea - Oldboy
Thailand - Ong Bak: Muay Thai Warrior

Portugal - There are plenty! Oliveira alone has a large filmography, there's also Pedro Costa, Miguel Gomes, Paulo Rocha. My favourite Portuguese movie is Frágil como o mundo (Rita Azevedo Gomes, 2002), though.
Yes, plenty but most not that good. Check out João César Monteiro trilogy: A Comédia de Deus, As Bodas de Deus e Recordações da Casa Amarela, and if you like the author, which is not easy, his crazy as a mother f*cker, but so original, check his testament: Vai~E~Vem.

Also answers to Jabba
By the way ''How the War Began on my Island'' is boomerposting: the movie

I assume you are from Hrvatska. I also caught Marsal the other day. Hoping to finish the island trilogy soon.

Also answers to Jabba
Yeah, I am.
I've been looking through ex-yu cinema to see if we have any real GOAT contender. Marketa Lazarova showed me those aren't exclusive to America or Italy or whatever. Do you have anything to recommend?
I have not. I have only recently been starting to get into films of the region because of my girlfriend.

Also answers to Jabba
I realized I hadn't done anything for this in a while so in one glorious day I covered Mali, Senegal, Egypt and Chile (details on the list posted on the first page).

Since my last post I had also watched films from Austria, Serbia, Peru and Estonia.

The trick is not minding
Going to see how many I accomplish this year, but doubt I’ll be able to finish it.
Still, not one to turn down a good challenge.
Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

The trick is not minding
Update:
Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

Also answers to Jabba
Update:
Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

Is that just from this year or all time?

Will definitely check this thread later, see how well (or bad!) I'm doing. Maybe offer some suggestions?

I have a Twitter friend, don't remember who at the moment, who was commenting that he only had a few countries to complete a similar challenge. If I find his tweet, I'll link it here.

This is all-time, so not very impressive...

Europe  

Asia  

Africa  

North America  

South America  

Oceania  

I'm pretty sure I'm missing some, but that's pretty much the gist of it.

Also answers to Jabba

You should go for an all-time list. It would help me and others identify potential movies from countries we are missing and give an overall image of who expansive your film map is.

PS. Just for this year, your progress is impressive though.

@Thief nice to see you joining! I would be interested in the tweet you mentioned.

The trick is not minding
You should go for an all-time list. It would help me and others identify potential movies from countries we are missing and give an overall image of who expansive your film map is.

PS. Just for this year, your progress is impressive though.
At some point, I’ll get around to listing all of the countries. It’s quite a lot, although not as impressive as others I’m sure.
I generally favor foreign films the last several years.

Also answers to Jabba
Looking forward to seeing the full list @Wyldesyde19.

Your post reminded me that I haven't done anything for this in a while and I am hoping to do at the very least one new country per month in 2021 so I just started my first Turkish film.

The trick is not minding
Looking forward to seeing the full list @Wyldesyde19.

Your post reminded me that I haven't done anything for this in a while and I am hoping to do at the very least one new country per month in 2021 so I just started my first Turkish film.
Yeah, I figured it’s just do a running total per year and see how many countries I knock off by the end.
These things always interest me, especially when I compare mine to other people