CURRENT MOVIE CLICHES

Tools    

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Another one is, whenever villains are arrested, they almost always refuse an attorney for some reason.

Another one is, someone hears a knock at their door, and they open the door, without asking who is there first, only to ambushed. Do lots of people actually do this?

Another one is, someone hears a knock at their door, and they open the door, without asking who is there first, only to ambushed. Do lots of people actually do this?
Not in America we don’t.

Annoying trope: Someone singing a song over a major scene. Watching “A Teacher” right now on FX. Kate Mara’s character has to do something very unpleasant - she’s scared, but we can’t concentrate on the scene because someone is singing a song behind it. Yes, we’ve almost always had a movie score, but it’s more prevalent these days to have music + words. This is so distracting & has nothing to do with the scene. The song is about what’s happening in the song - not what’s on screen.

Welcome to the human race...
We've had music with lyrics in movies since the sound era and mixing songs with scenes for almost as long. I can understand finding specific instances annoying, but writing them all off?

Watched a couple sci Fi space/save the world movies and noticed it's very predicable the lead male and the lead female will be the only ones to see the end of the movie 😠 they always kill off cool characters I like !! Just to be romantic or whatever yawn 😪

Yeah, the "love interest" or whatever it's called. I like science-fiction but that one always annoys me too. Like Short Round says in Temple if Doom: "No time for love, Dr. Jones". Aren't they supposed to be focused on saving the world?

Not in America we don’t.
Well it always happens in American movies ironically though .

Another cliche you see so often is whenever a character is arrested, they never want to call a lawyer, but talk to the police by themselves, without any legal assistance ever.

Another cliche you see so often is whenever a character is arrested, they never want to call a lawyer, but talk to the police by themselves, without any legal assistance ever.
True, but some people are so dumb I bet this happens quite often in real life.

A character looking for a teacher/professor walking into a class (Why don't they wait outside until class is over? Kinda rude to just walk into a class), will always do so right as class ends.

Class lecture is veiled exposition or thematic doubling of the film's message.

A character looking for a teacher/professor walking into a class (Why don't they wait outside until class is over? Kinda rude to just walk into a class), will always do so right as class ends. ...
If the character didn't just walk into the class room, it would make for one long scene!

If the character didn't just walk into the class room, it would make for one long scene!

I'd start the scene with the character standing outside the door right before the bell rings and then catch the teacher on the way out or head in while they're packing up their stuff.

True, but some people are so dumb I bet this happens quite often in real life.
But the cops say to them, that they can have an attorney appointed to them, so the cops are planting the idea to get one in their heads, and for free even.

But the cops say to them, that they can have an attorney appointed to them, so the cops are planting the idea to get one in their heads, and for free even.
Fully aware. But some people might think that by requesting a lawyer **** just got real.

Fully aware. But some people might think that by requesting a lawyer **** just got real.
Oh okay. Well if they are not paying for the lawyer, do they care if **** just got real then, if it's free?

Another cliche in movies is people often order anchovies on pizza, but are there pizza places that actually have this option of topping? If there are, I will shut up about that.

Sex scenes. The notion that a woman has an orgasm with a man she’s never had sex with before (even though that man appears to have no sexual prowess at all) is patently absurd. Drives me nuts.

And don't forget the obligatory simultaneous orgasm.

But movies also have it the opposite way where the guy has an orgasm and the woman has no sexual prowess either.

But isn't it kind of stereotying to say that the majority of guys don't need a woman with sexual prowess to get off?

But isn't it kind of stereotying to say that the majority of guys don't need a woman with sexual prowess to get off?

This is a biological fact. Sometimes a stereotype is simply a sound generalization.