With their blanched machinations
Hiding, unseen

Walk no road alone
Bring them along for the ride
For you'll always be home
With your family beside
1st part - 12 Angry Men
2nd and 3rd part - Wizard of Oz or The Lost Boys

I'm just gonna go with these three guesses, you do a good job at these hints it makes me want to 2nd guess myself like is it this movie and be like nah wait it's this movie

Welcome to the Dance: My Favorite 20 High School Movies
https://www.movieforums.com/communit...02#post2413502

I’m not super into It’s a Wonderful Life.

Aliens, however was in my top ten and is easily my favorite Cameron. I started recently rewatching it every Easter for no real reason other than I wanted to watch it more...well there’s eggs in it I guess. There’s the connection to Easter. Eggs.

I do prefer Alien by a thin margin.
I haven't even seen Life, which makes it one of my biggest cinematic blind spots, currently; I probably would've by now, if it didn't feel like I already have because of cultural osmosis, due to all the references I've seen made to it in other works of media (like The Simpsons). It's the same basic reason why I haven't seen The Wizard Of Oz yet either; some day, guys!

However, I obviously HAVE seen Aliens many times by now; in fact, it was one of the first "old" movies I ever rented from the video store when I became a teen, and started to watch movies a bit more seriously, and funnily enough, the last time I rewatched it was on Easter as well, although not on purpose (so maybe it was just a subliminal urge, heh). Anyway, while I woudn't quite have included it if I had submitted a list, it's still an extremely intense, intelligent thrill ride nonetheless, and probably the best possible result we could've gotten from the series moving in a more Action-oriented direction temporarily; in other words, it's a 9 to the original's 10 for me. I do miss the intimidation factor that the Xenomorph lost from the original when Cameron turned them into anonymous waves of cannon fodder crawling down generic industrial corridors (since the set design of Scott's film was more imaginative), along with the reduced mystique the species has as a whole in Aliens, since, in the scene where they're speculating about the origins of those "eggs", we get explicitly set up for the introduction of the Queen by Bishop's hypothesizing, when it would've been more intriguing if the scene had ended with Ripley saying "But where are the eggs coming from?", with no one responding because they have no idea. Still, all of that's kind of just nit-picking, as it's still a great movie besides those minor issues: https://letterboxd.com/stusmallz/film/aliens/

Gloria Grahame as Violet was a peach!
She certainly was. Here's a pic of her a few years later in In a Lonely Place (1950). What a dish in her '50s hair style...

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	G. Grahame.jpeg
Views:	245
Size:	29.6 KB
ID:	71348  

Let’s keep it short and direct...

It’s a Wonderful Life was great. Only seen it once. Would love to watch again.

Aliens is great too. It was on my list.

Going Godfather Part 2 for one of them.
Nah, both Godfather films will probably make Top 10. Top 20, at least.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Surprised Citizen Kane hasn’t shown up on the list yet, it’ll probably be in the top 10. Haven’t seen it in a while, waiting for some time off work to do so. I own it though.

Side Note: Just got hooked up with HBO+. Now I'm going to crush through old fart classics that you clow....I mean, avid patrons of cinema gloat over.

Serious, I've got some great old films on my queue to discover anew and revisit old friends.

Side Note: Just got hooked up with HBO+. Now I'm going to crush through old fart classics that you clow....I mean, avid patrons of cinema gloat over.

Serious, I've got some great old films on my queue to discover anew and revisit old friends.
Ha, that made me laugh But does HBO+ have older classic films? Or do you mean Beast Master I swear back when cable was new Beast Master played every single day.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
WOW! 5 Days Behind!
Bad llama

Only two films I have not seen: Persona and Rear Window
Nothing from my list in this group though several I truly enjoy.

Silence of the Lambs A helluva great serial killer film across the board. The basement scene in the pitch dark was tense as hell.
And regarding the TV show Hannibal: BEST cooking show EVER

Unforgiven Steeming with varying "grays" of Western Rights & Wrongs. This, without a doubt, is part of the echelon of Eastwood Westerns; and (for me) serious rewatchability.

LOTR; The Two Towers Was going to watch all three during the previous Fantasy HoF when Fellowship was nominated and loved the revisit, but it didn't happen so I can't make a legitimate comparison which is my favorite.

Schindler's List I was both impressed by and emotionally captured through it all by the humanity of the victims and the precious few survivors. Spielberg deserves every accolade he was given for making this film. There is a beautiful balance between the death that is, at times overwhelming, but, more importantly, the Life of those that suffered it.

Spirited Away This is a film about loneliness and the attempt to fill one's emptiness by consumption. All of which is beautifully expressed using the usual fantastical cosmos that Miyazaki is so skilled at rendering. Something I always seem to get more caught up in than the "meaning" and heart lessons that Miyazaki teaches within his films. Which seem to register after the film is complete and my heart informs my brain what my eyes have been experiencing and the whys within the beautiful imagery.

It's a Wonderful Life one of a few Traditional Holiday films at our house. Especially for my roommate who insists that we view it ON Christmas Day or Eve.
Blow it off all ya like, but it will get ya, deep down, every time.

Aliens I have loved this film since it first came out in the theaters and, yes, the Drive-Ins. After the intensity of the first film, it was, and remains, pretty amazing that they took all the thrills and intense situations of Alien and cranked it up so incredibly high without going over the limit to ridiculousness.
This film delivers on all levels and cylinders. A tight script with countless quotable lines, some amazing sets and camerawork that takes it all in; the lighting and angles set the mood. The soundtrack incites the heart to pumping, as the action cuts loose and does not let up.
All of this is grounded by characters we care about and cheer for, and one or two we boo with equal pleasure.
And -- I always go with the Director's Cut ever since I got my hands on a copy.

Movies Watched 49 out of 64 (76.56%)
2. Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid (1969) #81
7. Amadeus (1984) #50
16. The Third Man (1949) #48
23. Metropolis (1927) #73
25. Cyrano de Bergerac (1950) One Pointer

Rectification List
Day of the Jackal (1973) One Pointer
To Kill A Mockingbird (#85) *rewatch*

Ha, that made me laugh But does HBO+ have older classic films? Or do you mean Beast Master I swear back when cable was new Beast Master played every single day.

A few Hitchcock, 400 Blows, Bicycle Thieves, & 7 Samar-something...Crap like that.

I have a lot to catch up on...

A few Hitchcock, 400 Blows, Bicycle Thieves, & 7 Samar-something...Crap like that.

I have a lot to catch up on...
Oh wow, they have that, solid I had Netflix some months ago and their idea of a classic was Tom Hanks in The Money Pit I couldn't believe how meager the classic selections were on Netflix.

The trick is not minding
Oh wow, they have that, solid I had Netflix some months ago and their idea of a classic was Tom Hanks in The Money Pit I couldn't believe how meager the classic selections were on Netflix.
Yeah, they rarely have anything past the 80’s really. It stinks for classic cinema. Although they are currently airing about a dozen of Youssef Chahines films as far back as the 50’s.
If you don’t know the name, look him up. Egyptian director who is actually pretty decent. Some of his early films, Dark Waters and The Blazing Sun, star Omar Shareef before Lawrence of Arabia.

Tomorrow's hint:

Stay close to your loved ones
Dispose of the jeering
Leave the fair weather friends
Who won't give you a fair hearing

With their glowing red eyes
And their envious green
With their blanched machinations
Hiding, unseen

Walk no road alone
Bring them along for the ride
For you'll always be home
With your family beside
The Wizard of Oz is obvious.
The other one? I'm thinking All About Eve

38. It's a Wonderful Life - never seen any Capra nor have any plan in the near future

37. Aliens - top 40? really?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I had to double-check my list to see if It's a Wonderful Life made it onto my final list, but apparently it didn't. It's one of my favorite holiday movies, so it's a shame that I couldn't find room for it. but it looks like I chose a different classic holiday movie instead.

I've seen both Alien and Aliens, and while I can appreciate both movies as good suspense thrillers, they fall to close to horror for me, so they will never be favorite movies.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Almost every single one of those fit for Galaxy Quest (and lots of Sci-Fi flicks), and the cursing thing fits even better as the studio went from an R to a PG-13 rating on the flick which meant no cursing, including badly dubbing Sigourney's line "Well f*ck that!" into "Well screw that!"

I would have been happier if Galaxy Quest had made the list instead of Aliens.