Protests in Washington

Tools    

I wasn't surprised at all, I somehow predicted that this would happen.

One person was shot and killed by the authorities, three others died at and around the event due to things like heart attacks.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
One person was shot and killed by the authorities, three others died at and around the event due to things like heart attacks.

Wow... I wonder if the event exclusively caused the heart attack, or if they already had problems.

They haven't released details yet, but yes the other three people who died likely had underlying health conditions that were exacerbated by the intensity of the events.

My Darth Star is in for a service
I just read there were a couple of pipe bombs found and a newly elected Republican lawmaker was amongst the rioters wearing a motorcycle helmet!

Haven't read the thread and haven't really followed the story. It doesn't matter what side you're on, people have been out of control for months and all of it is wrong.

I don’t mean to belittle or be insensitive to this event at all as everything about it is just awful and my prayers are with people, but it does vaguely remind of this scene for some reason...

Imagine an eye unruled by man-made laws of perspective, an eye unprejudiced by compositional logic, an eye which does not respond to the name of everything but which must know each object encountered in life through an adventure of perception. How many colors are there in a field of grass to the crawling baby unaware of 'Green'?

-Stan Brakhage

Still too early to know all the details or exactly what happened or why.

But I'm just posing an invitation to speculate (food for thought as it were)...

It was publicized that the proceedings at the capitol would include Republican Congresspeople questioning the election outcome on the House floor (an obvious last-ditch effort to aid Trump or somehow lead to an overturn). Which is what they went on to do last night - if anyone tuned into CSPAN in the wee hours of the morning.

The protest outside yesterday was intended to support the effort of Republicans inside Congress who were determined to question the election.

Why would Trump-supporters want to disrupt such a proceeding or attack Congresspeople (among whom were Republicans there to question the election and call for investigations to secure future election integrity)?

The only people who'd logically feel disrupting such proceedings would benefit their agenda would be anti-Trumpers.

However (my caveat...), when it comes to extremists, we all know there are idiots on all sides who, if they see one person breaking a window or who get caught up in a fervor, will follow, whether their actions make any sense, serve any goal or not.

What an excellent day for an exorcism
They haven't released details yet, but yes the other three people who died likely had underlying health conditions that were exacerbated by the intensity of the events.
They just announced a fifth person has now died. No details, likely the same as the other three listed only as "died of medical emergencies." A number of people were injured falling off scaffolding, climbing, etc. Unknown if the four people died from these incidents. I share your view - the "medical emergencies" deaths were health related - heart issues or whatever. They also published more details about the lady that was shot. She was an avid QAnon conspiracy theory supporter.

In any case, this is going to have a long wave of repercussions - numerous people will be fired, numerous will serve jail or prison time. The Capital Police Chief just resigned, but it wouldn't surprise me if he faces charges. Trump's officials are dropping like flies - staff are resigning left and right. There will be lengthy investigations and probes. You can bet they will be scouring for any intentional lapse of security. If they discover that, some could face treason level charges. We thought 2020 was bad.........

Their Fearless Leader told them.
That seems to be the current consensus according to the MSM.

I didn't hear all of Trump's speech yesterday (or much of it at all) so I don't know what he said.

Do you have any quotes that would indicate that he incited the people gathered in D.C. to storm the capitol, to disrupt or threaten the Congress where Republicans had pre-publicized their intent to challenge the election outcome by questioning election integrity, or that Trump had somehow instructed his supporters to break windows to get in, vandalize and do things that would warrant them getting shot and killed by capitol police?

What an excellent day for an exorcism
Why would Trump-supporters want to disrupt such a proceeding or attack Congresspeople (among whom were Republicans there to question the election and call for investigations to secure future election integrity)?

The only people who'd logically feel disrupting such proceedings would benefit their agenda would be anti-Trumpers.
The problem with your conspiracy theory is face recognition software has identified several known right wing activists who occupied the capital. A QAnon conspiracy theory trump supporter, Proud Boy Chapter founder, an Arkansas pro-gun leader, and many more. Left wing activists are also well known.....not one single LWA has been identified to be present inside the capital.

The second problem with your conspiracy theory is it was well published before the meeting that the few Republicans planning to object had a near zero chance of succeeding. January 6th was to be a huge win verifying the electoral votes for left/Democrats/Antifa or whatever label you want to use for "anti-Trumpers" and it's a real stretch to think they would sabotage what they have waited for, for so long.

Democrats/left/Antifa or whoever......their number one agenda has been attempting to remove Trump. They impeached him but failed to remove him from office. They bantered 25th amendment but failed to get momentum for that. One failure after another.

And on the one day.....the one all important day Democrats were.....finally......able to overcome failure and make a significant step towards their agenda - that being the all important step of removing Trump with the confirmation of electoral votes.....you believe Democrats just up and decided to sabotage that day? That just makes no sense at all.

Just for the record: I didn't present a theory, conspiracy or otherwise.

I simply said that the only people who'd logically feel disrupting such proceedings would benefit their agenda would be anti-Trumpers.

But I also provided the caveat that extremists following any agenda may not act logically.

Yeah, I've seen this kind of "skepticism with plausible deniability" thing before. Easy way to get the idea out there without technically saying a thing or, of course, having to defend said thing.

Predictably, thread closed.