3. I'm Thinking of Ending Things
4. Hamilton
5. Tenet
6. The Invisible Man
7. Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
8. Mank
9. Borat 2
10. Host

I'm very conflicted about several of these and it's my least enthusiastic top 10 for a year in a very long time.
Yeah, but that's kind of to be expected given, y'know... what was going on this year. I say, just sort of consider 2020 a "mulligan" year as far as new releases go.

Yeah, but that's kind of to be expected given, y'know... what was going on this year. I say, just sort of consider 2020 a "mulligan" year as far as new releases go.
Indeed. There are many high profile releases I haven't gotten to see yet (Nomadland, First Cow, Possessor, etc) that could lift it up a bit. So far, the only two that I gave 5 stars (simply meaning I loved it) were Soul and Da 5 Bloods. Usually the bulk of my top 10 would carry such a rating. I'm hoping that once these hit streaming or home video, even in a weaker year, all this picks up a bit.

Unregistered User
Didnt get to see that many but will mention a few i loved/liked. I'm filtering by IMDB release date.
Sound of Metal
Possessor (favourite of the year)
Trial of Chicago 7
The Painted Bird
Devil All the Time
I'm Thinking of Ending Things
First Cow
Never Rarely Sometimes Always

I'm actually ending there bacause IMDB is giving me Bacarau, The Lighthouse etc.
Anyway, Possessor is all we should be talking about here anyway lol

Funny because this is probably what I look like right now

Didnt get to see that many but will mention a few i loved/liked. I'm filtering by IMDB release date.
Sound of Metal
Possessor (favourite of the year)
Trial of Chicago 7
The Painted Bird
Devil All the Time
I'm Thinking of Ending Things
First Cow
Never Rarely Sometimes Always

I'm actually ending there bacause IMDB is giving me Bacarau, The Lighthouse etc.
Anyway, Possessor is all we should be talking about here anyway lol

Funny because this is probably what I look like right now
I enjoyed Posessor but not enough for a top 10. The reluctance to overuse CGI and instead use in shot effects and prosthetics was a breath of fresh air though.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I have seen 10 2020 movies, but I only really liked 4 of them.

Emma.
The Old Guard
Ma Rainey's Black Bottom
Summerland

For me, I feel like the film year runs more like March-February than January-December. The first couple of months of each year are always catching up on films that officially came out the year before, but weren't actually released here. 2020 is probably a bit of an anomaly though, in that so many films either came out direct to streaming or didn't actually get released at all.

Unregistered User
I enjoyed Posessor but not enough for a top 10. The reluctance to overuse CGI and instead use in shot effects and prosthetics was a breath of fresh air though.

I understand I'm probably overrating it at the minute and becasue of this I am scared to rewatch it but at the time of watching I was just so in the mood for the exact type of film Possessor is. Everything just fell in to place for me. Looking forward to Nomadland too.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I'm so far behind on my film watching over the last 18 months but some good posts here...so I think 2021 will be the year I get back to it. I will also post my top 2020 list at some stage

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

is thouroughly embarrassed of this old username.
I've seen almost nothing from 2020 and pretty much all of the feature-length narrative films I did see were trash lol. I'm trying to catch up on stuff now but currently the top 10 be:

01. In My Room dir. Mati Diop
02. Home in the Woods dir. Brandon Wilson
03. Substance Without Science dir. Daniel Barnett
04. Strasbourg 1518 dir. Johnathan Glazer
05. this one weird trick dir. Joanie Wind
06. Apiyemiyeki? dir. Ana Vaz
07. Puparia dir. Shingo Tamagawa
08. June Night dir. Mike Maryniuk
09. Feels Good Man dir. Arthur Jones
10. Vertigo A.I. dir. Chris Peters

I can't name a top 10, but I could say Sound of Metal and Trial of Chicago 7 are the best 2 from what I've seen.
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

The Trial of Chicago 7
The Old Guard
Emma
The Devil All The Time
Enola Holmes
The Invisible Man
Greenland
The Gentlemen
The Platform
Mr. Jones

I can't reduce to Top 10 and still too many left to see but in consideration so far:

The Trial of the Chicago 7
The Bee Gees: How Can You Mend a Broken Heart
Da 5 Bloods
Uncle Tom
Crip Camp
Hamilton
Whirlybird
Belushi
Zappa
Soul
WolfWalkers
The Three Deaths of Marisela Escobedo
My Octopus Teacher
World of Tomorrow Episode Three: The Absent Destinations of David Prime
David Byrne's American Utopia
Dick Johnson Is Dead
Mank
Mangrove
Another Round
The Boys in the Band
The Invisible Man
Nice to see some love for the remake of Boys in the Band...I was beginning to think I was the only one who had seen it.