24th Hall of Fame

Tools    

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I got very f@ckin giddy from the get-go of reading the list of nominations. The first two being on my watchlist for the 2021 Movie Challenge THANKS again Wylde for getting me involved in that!
Quite the echelon of films with such a wonderful diversity -- this is gonna be VERY f@ckin cool!!

Vampyr (1932, Directed by Carl Dreyer) I've always been curious to watch Dreyer's vision on the Vampire genre. And now I can!
La Dolce Vita (1960, Directed by Federico Fellini) Had this on my Watchlist and pretty stoked that it showed up here. Gotta love me some serendipity!
The Whisperers (1967, Directed by Bryan Forbes) Completely unknown to me but intrigued.
Shame (1968, Directed by Ingmar Bergman) I have been on the hit or miss with Bergman but I've come to welcome the viewing opportunity.
The Day of the Jackal (1973, Directed by Fred Zinnemann) This has been on a life long watchlist and, seeing it as a One Pointer on the current Countdown, I finally cracked it open and f@ckin LOVED it! Excited for a rewatch.
Ali: Fear Eats the Soul (1974, Directed by Rainer Werner Fassbinder) I remember hearing of this when it came out and off and on through the next couple of decades. . . I will be searching out a version IN German with subtitles.
Barry Lyndon (1975, Directed by Stanley Kubrick) I've seen this a few times through out my life and found a little more depth upon each viewing. Looking forward to what this mid fifties brain connects to this time around.
Hard Times (1975, Directed by Walter Hill) Have not seen this since I was a teenager. A fan of both Hill and of Bronson, so it'll be great to revisit this, all over again.
The Deer Hunter (1978, Directed by Michael Cimino) An intense, long film that I haven't seen in a few decades.
In a Glass Cage (1986, Directed by Agusti Villaronga) Completely unknown, but after reading about it on IMDb I would consider this a @cricket film.
Antwone Fisher (2002, Directed by Denzel Washington) Remember hearing of this but this will be brand new to me.
The Sea Inside (2004, Directed by Alejandro Amenabar) Pretty excited to see Javier Bardem in a very serious dramatic role.
The Secret in Their Eyes (2009, Directed by Juan Jose Campanella) Hey! Look! A film from South America!! Sorry, MG, I just HAD to mess with ya I have seen the remake from 2015 so I'm happy to see, what must be the superior original.
The Man from Nowhere (2010, Directed by Lee Jeong-beom) Great film!! Seen it a few times and can't wait to see it again. VERY happy to see it get a second chance in an HoF.
Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012, Directed by Benh Zeitlin) Unfamiliar but quite curious about it
Rudderless (2014, Directed by William H. Macy) This caught my eye a couple years back but I've had yet to venture a look. Now I get to!
Aniara (2018, Directed by Hugo Lilja and Pella Kagerman) Another unknown that has my curiosity.

I got very f@ckin giddy from the get-go of reading the list of nominations.

The Secret in Their Eyes (2009, Directed by Juan Jose Campanella) Hey! Look! A film from South America!! Sorry, MG, I just HAD to mess with ya I have seen the remake from 2015 so I'm happy to see, what must be the superior original.
Ed, you always tease me.

However, I have and will not watch the American remake of this film. I have loved the Argentine version and will keep with that.

I believe it was last year or 2019, that they remade Efter brylluppet (After the Wedding). I will not and never will watch the American remake of it. F*ck Michelle Williams over Mads Mikkelsen. HE** NO!!!!

I really super dislike when they remake great foreign films to English films and they are never better than the original!!!

Don't you have to pay to have the Shudder addon? I have Prime but I had to pay extra for the Masterpiece Theatre addon. I pay monthly for Amazon which is about $11.99 then an extra $5.99 for MPT.
It is one that you have to pay for, but you can get a week for free as a trial.

I have Shudder anyway (I started it back in October and have been pleased with their selection).

One of the guys on a podcast I listen to directed a doc series on Shudder I am interested in, so I will probably go that route and keep it for a month.

That's a nice collection of nominations! There's a pretty good balance between films I've seen and remember well, ones I've seen but am hazy on the details, films I know about but have never watched, and a couple I've never even heard of haha.

Hopefully The Man from Nowhere doesn't get disqualified this time. It was at the very top of my list in the 12th Hall of Fame.

That's a nice collection of nominations! There's a pretty good balance between films I've seen and remember well, ones I've seen but am hazy on the details, films I know about but have never watched, and a couple I've never even heard of haha.

Hopefully The Man from Nowhere doesn't get disqualified this time. It was at the very top of my list in the 12th Hall of Fame.
That's when I first watched it. Who nominated it? I had thought it was Ed.

Guess they didn't leave much of an impact haha. They were a fairly new user at the time, I think here for a couple of months. Then they disappeared without a trace.

There has been a film removed from the Hall of Fame.

Ali: Fear Eats the Soul.
Really, bummer that was the only nom that I've seen recently enough not to watch it again. I seen it for the Personal Recommendation and thought it was pretty darn good.

I'm pretty sure I've been saying that I need to rewatch Ali: Fear Eats the Soul ever since I joined this site, but still haven't. It even came up recently in another topic haha.

Edit: Probably the Personal Recs thread CR just mentioned.