Where do you get your movies?

Tools    

If you look at the reviews on Amazon, you'll see a tidy handful of people saying they had various sorts of playback issues with the discs in this set. Not a HUGE amount but enough that it certainly could be the discs. I also briefly wondered if it were some sort of setting on Stirchley's machine but then realized Stirchley likes to use CC all time and would probably know how to use that function.
I did read those reviews.

I wonder if the set might have been bootleg?
If it was bootleg, which I doubt, it was very nicely put together.

What did surprise me was that there was no problem with the refund. None whatsoever even though it was a 3rd-party seller. In the past Amazon has made the buyer contact the seller directly for a refund. So far as I know, seller doesn’t even know this is coming back to them. One time the seller in a similar situation flat-out refused a refund & there was nothing I could do. Interesting that I had none of this today. And I’m not a Prime customer.

Did you guys read my blurb about Amazon returns in my Good News thread today? I was flabbergasted that it’s so easy these days. Guess it’s been a while since I have returned anything to them.

My Darth Star is in for a service
I get the majority of my Blu Rays from Music Magpie.
They do new and pre owned and my best bargain was £2.19 for a new and sealed copy of Fast and Furious 8.

I get most of mine from Amazon (sadly). I wish there was more affordable options with as wide a platform. I'm trying to limit my amazon purchases and support more local

I have Hulu, Netflix, Disney+ and Prime Video.

I use a few websites to view only.

I have many dvds and I have a few flash drives with movies as well.

Just wondering were everyone purchases or views their movies from. Does everybody stream now or?

I get a lot of dvds from garage sales and swap meets.

Occasionally I buy from dimple records and eBay when I really want something hard to find.

I also have recently found out about the libraries catalog so I'm pretty happy with life 😃
I stream movies on Criterion Channel, Netflix, Prime, Mubi, Crave, Disney+, Apple tv+ and Shudder. I also buy movies from the iTunes store. I also buy blu rays (and the occasional dvd) from Cinema1, Sunrise Records, Walmart, Best Buy, and The Beat Goes On.

I also buy movies from the iTunes store.
Would not have thought of streaming movies or buying DVDs on this app. But, I took a quick look & there is some decent stuff in the midst of all the dreck.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Would not have thought of streaming movies or buying DVDs on this app. But, I took a quick look & there is some decent stuff in the midst of all the dreck.
I think I bought a few episodes of TV shows and a movie or two way back before tablets were a thing and my only recourse to watching stuff on, say, an airplane flight was to use my classic iPod (which I still have and still use). Hadn't thought to go there recently, though, since I now use an 8" Fire tablet and download stuff from Amazon Video instead.

I think I bought a few episodes of TV shows and a movie or two way back before tablets were a thing and my only recourse to watching stuff on, say, an airplane flight was to use my classic iPod (which I still have and still use). Hadn't thought to go there recently, though, since I now use an 8" Fire tablet and download stuff from Amazon Video instead.
It always interests me here how everyone watches tv & movies in their own unique way. I don’t think too many people here watch in exactly the same way as others do.

It always interests me here how everyone watches tv & movies in their own unique way. I don’t think too many people here watch in exactly the same way as others do.
That's true...no one here watches the same way I do.

How do you watch films Mr Rules?
Flow chart:
Russian site>download of mp4 video file>transfer from computer to USB flash drive>USB flash drive inserted into BluRay player>viewed on TV

I don't stream and I don't have any cable/tv service.

Flow chart:
Russian site>download of mp4 video file>transfer from computer to USB flash drive>USB flash drive inserted into BluRay player>viewed on TV

I don't stream and I don't have any cable/tv service.
Nice. Not a million miles away from how I watch some. I have hard drives everywhere.

Nice. Not a million miles away from how I watch some. I have hard drives everywhere.
I just bought me a 4tb hardrive to replace the almost full 1tb...And I have two external Seagate drives for back up. Actually I just backed up yesterday. Currently I'm working on compressing movies to a smaller file size with Handbrake (neat software!).

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
No streaming for me -- I won't watch a movie with commercials. And I'm not paying extra. I've checked many companies, and their movies stink. I get Amazon Prime for free (I found a glitch), but a lot of their movies require additional payment, subscription, not available on this device (a television), or just not available, which is probably how this bozo got to be so rich.

TCM or bust. My laptop is too slow for other sites and what not, but I do have a way to watch YouTube video on my TV, but it's so rare to find a YouTube movie I'm interested in, or haven't seen already.

I just bought me a 4tb hardrive to replace the almost full 1tb...And I have two external Seagate drives for back up. Actually I just backed up yesterday. Currently I'm working on compressing movies to a smaller file size with Handbrake (neat software!).
Totally incomprehensible to me, but sounds good.

No streaming for me -- I won't watch a movie with commercials.
Heck no.

I don’t find streaming services to be expensive at all. But, that’s just me.

Sensible, but you do lose quality if you compress files, which then show up if you have a big tv.

I've currently got my tv / media player linked to my cloud storage as well which adds another terrabyte.

Sensible, but you do lose quality if you compress files, which then show up if you have a big tv.

I've currently got my tv / media player linked to my cloud storage as well which adds another terrabyte.
If you compress any file too much it looses quality, but no not in the way I do it. I will take the original file and also the compress file and watch both on my TV (42 inch) and check for image quality loss.

My TV is older so wouldn't link up to cloud storage.

If you compress any file too much it looses quality, but no not in the way I do it. I will take the original file and also the compress file and watch both on my TV (42 inch) and check for image quality loss.

My TV is older so wouldn't link up to cloud storage.
There's no way you can compress files without losing quality or compromising somewhere. Otherwise 4k Blu Ray discs would not be 80GB - 100GB. They'd all be about 9GB.

It depends on what codecs you want and how satisfied you are with comprimising audio etc.