Rank The Indiana Jones Movies

Tools    

The 1st was the best for me!

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Last Crusade
3.Temple of Doom
4 Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
On a more recent viewing I think I rate The Last Crusade the best with Raiders second. I found that the plot to Raiders does start to recycle itself in the third act, as Indy gets the ark from the villains, only to have the villains take it back moments later. Perhaps they should have just written it so Indy never got at all then and is still chasing after it, rather than having him get it only for him to end right back where he started again. But still it's a good movie and the second best one.

1. The Last Crusade
2. Raiders of the Lost Ark
3. Temple of Doom
4. Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

I really enjoyed the interplay between Indy and his father. The aliens in Kingdom didn't bother me as much as unbelievable scenes such as swordfighting in moving vehicles. I think the Indy movies are best when they straddle the line between believable and unbelievable. I think Temple has some scenes that are just too unbelievable. And I do realize they are all fantasies.
Indiana Jones should be one of those characters, like James Bond or Sherlock Holmes, who never die. His movies have a timeless quality because they are set in the past. I would accept another actor in the role if he were the right choice.

1. Raiders
2. Last Crusade
3. Temple of Doom

4. Skull

I really enjoyed the interplay between Indy and his father.
Me too, and I think it's one of Sean Connery's best roles.

The aliens in Kingdom didn't bother me as much as unbelievable scenes such as swordfighting in moving vehicles. I think the Indy movies are best when they straddle the line between believable and unbelievable. I think Temple has some scenes that are just too unbelievable.
That's my thinking about it as well. It's less successful when they cross over into fantastic, and in some cases dubious, scenarios.

They are not aliens. They are interdimensional beings. And they are a fine plot element, not the true problem of the movie.
I just can't stand Shea, the CGI, the nuked fridge and Indiana being so "out of character".

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
How was Indiana out of character though, aside from accepting the 'triple agent' character back, which I didn't think he would do, but the rest of him seemed the same, no?

How was Indiana out of character though, aside from accepting the 'triple agent' character back, which I didn't think he would do, but the rest of him seemed the same, no?
I understand your point of view. I think they overplayed his "I'm too old for this sh-t" side too much.

I rank the Indiana Jones films in the exact order in which they were released. Progressively, they just keep on getting worse.

Can't stand Temple of Doom.

I tend to cringe at every second minute of it. Shame really, cause it stars one of my favourite actors, Amrish Puri. Also, can't comprehend the terrible portrayal of one of the coolest Goddess, Kali.

There should have only been one.

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again

...that with a Connor MacLeod crossover, someone's getting their head cut. Too bad that idea was left on the *cough* cutting *cough* room floor.