24th Hall of Fame

Tools    

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
All movies have to be watched to be in. But you can make a conditional pick like Moviegal and decide after too.

Interesting spread of films right now.

That's the beauty of what we call the 'honeymoon period' where someone can choose to be in or not after the films are revealed. That way it's easy peasy
You know how picky I can be over certain types of films...

I recommended my nom to you before as well as another film and you said both films would be a good Hall of Fame films

All movies have to be watched to be in. But you can make a conditional pick like Moviegal and decide after too.

Interesting spread of films right now.
When you do the first reveal, you can reveal my pick. I will just let everyone know if I'm out or not.

If people want to watch mine... cool .. if not, oh well.

You know how picky I can be over certain types of films...

I recommended my nom to you before as well as another film and you said both films would be a good Hall of Fame films
I remember the conversation, just not the movies we talked about. But if I said it would be a good one for an HoF, then

Now with that said certain people will nominate controversial and gross films in which case if you do decide to drop out let us know early.
I think that I'll check out the list when it's revealed. If I can't do some of them, I'll "officially" withdraw but maybe follow along and watch what I can. It's always fun watching other peoples' faves.

I'm not trying to "set terms" for other people or anything. Just trying to get the gist of how to best play along, but at the same time this next month or so is not a good time for me to be pushing any of my emotional boundaries, LOL!

@Takoma11 You're totally fine with everything you said and you seem pretty cool to me. So no worries there Mostly all the movies are well choose by the members.

Here's what was nominated in the last main HoF. As you can see there were some really solid movies.

23rd HoF
*foreign language film.

1 Schindler's List (Steven Spielberg 1993) 155 points....CR
2 *The Skin I Live In (Pedro Almodóvar 2011) 149 points....Miss Vicky
3 *Le Samouraï(Jean-Pierre Melville 1967) 145 points....Siddon
4 Jojo Rabbit (Taika Waititi, 2019) 137 points....CosmicRunaway
5 *Christiane F. (Uli Edel, 1981) 120 points....cricket
6 *Late Spring (Yasujirô Ozu, 1949) 120 points....ahwell
7 Stand By Me (Rob Reiner 1986) 119 points....Sarge
8 Hunger (Steve McQueen, 2008) 98 points....MovieGal
9 Gangs of New York (Martin Scorsese 2002) 84 points....neiba
10 The Great Mouse Detective (1986) 80 points....rauldc14
11 The Reflecting Skin (Philip Ridley 1990) 79 points....pahaK
12 *Al-mummia (Chadi Abdel Salam 1969) 76 points....jiraffejustin
13 The Fisher King (Terry Gilliam 1991) 71 points....edarsenal
14 Yellow Submarine (George Dunning 1968) 37 points....HashtagBrownies

I checked on my nomination. You can rent from the following:

Amazon Prime - $1.99
Google Play - $1.99
Youtube - $1.99
Fandango Now - $2.99
Vudu - $2.99
Microsoft - $2.99

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Along with my nom I've added a link for a pop-up free stream site so if anyone has a problem locating it, just holler

and no worries @Takoma11 we all have certain films/directors/actors/subject matter we just can't watch, it happens.
Now, I have ventured into areas of film I would never would want to venture into and discovered some truly amazing films, so, to the adventurous. . .

Can someone tell me how to use the advance search function so I can see when a movie has been mentioned? I'm new here you know.
I'd be happy to tell ya but my mom always warned me about talking to strangers. . .

Can someone tell me how to use the advance search function so I can see when a movie has been mentioned? I'm new here you know.

I seriously laughed out loud reading that comment.

Now, I have ventured into areas of film I would never would want to venture into and discovered some truly amazing films, so, to the adventurous. . .
I watch a pretty wide variety of films and I think I'm pretty open-minded. There are a handful of non-negotiable elements that I have (like real animal cruelty and a few individuals I find repugnant enough that I don't want anything to do with them), but for the most part I can handle pretty heavy content.

I think it's the context of a challenge where you HAVE to watch the movies and don't have the option to skip one that's got me a little anxious. And also I don't want to offend someone or hurt their feelings by not watching a movie they picked. "Oh, excuse me. I won't be watching THAT! It's against my morals!!" *adjusts halo*.

I watch a pretty wide variety of films and I think I'm pretty open-minded. There are a handful of non-negotiable elements that I have (like real animal cruelty and a few individuals I find repugnant enough that I don't want anything to do with them), but for the most part I can handle pretty heavy content.

I think it's the context of a challenge where you HAVE to watch the movies and don't have the option to skip one that's got me a little anxious. And also I don't want to offend someone or hurt their feelings by not watching a movie they picked. "Oh, excuse me. I won't be watching THAT! It's against my morals!!" *adjusts halo*.
And what a lovely halo it is, my dear!

@pahaK

You're not in? You usually have decent nominations that are unique.
I just woke up like 30 minutes before my post to a world with a new HoF thread. I haven't had time to think about nominations yet, but I'm pretty likely to join.