How do you store movies in HDD?

Tools    

I'd call that a very large difference.

I'm also deeply skeptical that most of the time people pirating are doing it because they can't afford any of the films.

That said, we've had the discussion about the ethics (or lack thereof) of pirating films in a few other threads, which I can direct people to if it's something they'd like to discuss.
These questions have always been a double-edged sword. They can be viewed from different angles. On the one hand, there is intellectual property, on the other hand, their millions of royalties will not greatly decrease from a certain percentage of copies. So if you think from a financial point of view. After all, many movie stars are already furious with fat, while other people do not have enough funds for the basic. All get out as they can, let's say.

On the one hand, there is intellectual property, on the other hand, their millions of royalties will not greatly decrease from a certain percentage of copies.
Sure, but that logic has no stopping point. "I'm only stealing a penny" doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's only a big deal because lots of people don't do it.

After all, many movie stars are already furious with fat, while other people do not have enough funds for the basic.
But what do they use it on? They don't throw it in a giant pool and swim around in it. They don't put it in a giant mattress. If we're judging the ethics of taking things based on their downstream effects (rather than the principle of the thing), then the effects are felt also in the people they do not hire, or the people not hired by the places they buy from, and so on.

And even if you don't care about that, all of this effects studio bottom lines: lower profits change which films get made in the first place, and with which budgets. The net effect of downloading films illegally is to decrease the production of future films.

A system of cells interlinked
Pretty sure you are allowed the make exactly one backup copy of your films for your private use. Distributing these copies is not legal.

I skirt the line, as I make backups of my films and share out my library to a couple of friends and family. They don't receive copies of the file, but watch it remotely. Not sure how that fits in to all this.

Sure, but that logic has no stopping point. "I'm only stealing a penny" doesn't seem like a big deal, but it's only a big deal because lots of people don't do it.

But what do they use it on? They don't throw it in a giant pool and swim around in it. They don't put it in a giant mattress. If we're judging the ethics of taking things based on their downstream effects (rather than the principle of the thing), then the effects are felt also in the people they do not hire, or the people not hired by the places they buy from, and so on.

And even if you don't care about that, all of this effects studio bottom lines: lower profits change which films get made in the first place, and with which budgets. The net effect of downloading films illegally is to decrease the production of future films.
These are two sides of the coin. I watch movies for a fee in online cinemas, because I have nowhere to store discs. But in principle, I can understand with understanding people who, for whatever reason, cannot afford to buy. By the way, when you buy a film for your hard-earned money, then you think what to buy, somehow plan your movie show, and not just download and watch everything in a row that it does not remain in your head.

It seems like hardware purchases, elaborate copying, storage, backup, etc, is becoming somewhat pointless. There are a lot of old movies that are easily available in PD sites, disks, especially box sets from big warehouse "stores" are cheap and easy to get and, even new releases are fairly cheap compared to years ago. So-called "purchases" from streaming sites are also fairly cheap, all to the point that it's hardly worth setting up a copying operation anymore.