Top 5 Worst Movies You Have Sat Through

Tools    

I'm more bothered by the inclusion of Double Team. That's an avant-garde masterpiece.
Dang, I meant Double Indemnity

Like crumb, this is more a list of movies off the top of my head that pissed me off rather than any remotely objective measure of the "worst" that I've seen:

Spring Breakers

The Love Witch

The Night Porter

The Predator

The Fate of the Furious
Out of those, I've only seen Spring Breakers, which I really don't understand the love for... and The Fate of the Furious, which I thought was crazy, dumb fun

I really don't even remember it very well. I know I wanted to see it quite a bit when it came out. But my experience watching it was to just constantly be aggravated by whatever its point was. It felt cheaply dishonest about the beauty of poverty and hardship. Not that there aren't movies that have done this successfully. But there was something patronizing and infantalizing about the tone of the film that felt like it was made by some pamperered **** who likes the idea of squalor by proxy. Like the girl Jarvis Cocker is talking about in the song "Common People". It was a film made by a misery tourist. It smelt of dishonesty, and it was gross and annoyed me deeply.

I can't think of anything that actually happened in the film. Just....the....hate......
I remember it more vividly than you, and can confirm all of this. "Sure they're eating dog food, but look how content they are! Poor people are awesome!"
It was set and filmed in my neck of the woods and featured some local actors but not a second of it was recognizable to me as anything resembling real life, and I'm not even talking about the fantasy bits. It reeked of a New York hipster imagining what the rural South might be like despite having never been there, and getting most of it wrong. Wallis was heartbreaking, but the rest was just UGH.

My vote goes to InAPPropriate Comedy. I don't even know why I watched it but I hated life itself by the time it was over.

Edit: The capitalized APP is not a typo, by the way. It's like phone apps, get it?

I've sat through a lot of bad movies in my day and, to be honest, the first film that popped into my head was the film version of the Broadway musical Cats...other films that come to mind:

Johnny Suede

The Happiest Millionaire

Trainwreck

Two for the Money

The Odd Couple II

Spring Breakers (the worst of the worst)
Wendigo
Sinister 2 (An insult in every way possible I'm the biggest fan of the first one)
Enemy
Batman vs Superman

Serena (I can't stand Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper, only watched it because of the director Susanne Bier)
The Poseidon Adventure
80's Cheesy Horror films
99% of the comedy films out there.

Arlington Road
Beastmaster 2: Through the Portal of Time
Land of the Lost
New Year's Evil
R.I.P.D.

They all exceed the following descriptors: Lazy, Boring, Ugly and Dumb.

The trick is not minding
Garbage Pail Kids: The Movie
Night of the Demons (1988)
976 Evil
Silent Night, Deadly Night
Beast master
Countless Friday the 13th, Halloween and Police Academy sequels.

Spring Breakers (the worst of the worst)
Wendigo
Sinister 2 (An insult in every way possible I'm the biggest fan of the first one)
Enemy
Batman vs Superman

Awww, I liked Enemy

The only reason I had to sit through them was because I watched them in the theatres, and being a miser I will never walk out of something that I have paid for even it turns out to be rubbish.

1) The Dark Tower
2) After Earth
3) Norbit
4) Fantastic Four (2015 version)
5) Just my Luck

Arlington Road
Beastmaster 2: Through the Portal of Time
Land of the Lost
New Year's Evil
R.I.P.D.

They all exceed the following descriptors: Lazy, Boring, Ugly and Dumb.

OMG, I thought Arlington Road was excellent...different strokes I guess

First Airplane hat in one thread, now Spring Breakers in another. You people will not let me rest! And I have day drinking to do, dammit.

In fairness though, my interest in Spring Breakers (never my favorite Korine to begin with...speaking of which, why wasn't Gummo on my top 25, egads!) has definitely waned with subsequent viewings. I still think it's really good, but more in a flawed 7.5/10 kinda way.

1. Exorcism at 20,000 feet (just repulsive. There's a scene where the joke is that the guy is about to rape an unconscious woman, and the thing is supposed to be a comedy

2. Extraterrestrial, 2014 (everything in that movie is stupid and grating)

3. Beast of yucca flats (56 minutes long, feels like 4 hours)

4. Twilight saga part 3 (Every plot point is either a plot hole or just another failure in script writing)

5. The gallows part 2 (For some reason, this is a rip-off of both The Bye Bye Man and Shane Dawson's Smiley. Pure trash.)

The only reason I had to sit through them was because I watched them in the theatres, and being a miser I will never walk out of something that I have paid for even it turns out to be rubbish.

1) The Dark Tower
2) After Earth
3) Norbit
4) Fantastic Four (2015 version)
5) Just my Luck
I loved After Earth, I thought it was a pretty fresh and original indie film. Not seen any of the others, I try to avoid watching bad films

I just copied these from the Reviews search, sorry about spamming my name it just came along for the ride Too bad the popcorn rating wasn't able to be copy/pasted.

The Stray 8/14/18
by Citizen Rules
This is a PG Christian based film and that's OK with me, I've actually seen a couple good Christian themed films, but this one is false advertising and in a big way!

The Beast of Yucca Flats 4/27/18
by Citizen Rules
Say what?.......The film describes him as a family man who's family has been killed by the evil commies and is on the run, it's only after he's exposed to a nuclear blast that he becomes a killer monster.

Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter... and Spring 2/11/18
by Citizen Rules
Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and Spring (2003) Bom yeoreum gaeul gyeoul geurigo bom (original title) Director: Ki-duk Kim Writer: Ki-duk Kim Cast: Ki-duk Kim, Yeong-su Oh, Jong-ho Kim Genre: Drama Language: Korean

1941 1/06/18
by Citizen Rules
The movie is loaded with stars from the late 1970s and that's about the only good thing the film has.

Patriots Day 9/19/17
by Citizen Rules
And that's not right, the real bombing incident changed lives forever but the director failed to get any emotional impact out of his scenes, because they look more like a video game, than real life.

Jackie 4/01/17
by Citizen Rules
Review: From a director who's made movies you've probably never heard of, comes Jackie.

Voyage to the Planet of Prehistoric Women 11/16/16
by Citizen Rules
Quite possibly the worst movie I've ever seen!...When is a movie not a movie?

Santa Claus Conquers the Martians 11/14/16
by Citizen Rules
Review: Pretty wacky name for the movie, especially as Santa doesn't really conquer the Martians, it's more like he's extra nice to them.

The Cannonball Run 9/26/16
by Citizen Rules
If you want a mind numbing movie about racing, that has the slowest/worst racing scenes in a race car movie, then here you go.

Magician: The Astonishing Life and Work of Orson Welles 5/09/16
by Citizen Rules
A documentary, brief retrospective montage look at the life and work of the great theater, radio and film artist...Orson WellesWith an avatar like mine, you would guess that I loved this, you guessed wrong!

Betsy's Wedding 1/16/16
by Citizen Rules
The film starts with a silly tiger fight scene that turns out to be a dream, this is done several times during the film and adds nothing to the already disembodied film.

Diana 1/30/15
by Citizen Rules
Obviously they were able to get Naomi's makeup right for a couple scenes, so why couldn't they do that for the entire movie?