Have You Seen More Movies During COVID?

Tools    

However, this motivation was also borne from watching as many movies as I can before my son was born. Now that he's here, I've had next to no time to watch anything, which explains my lack of activity lately. That's a good excuse, though...isn't it?
That's great to hear. Congrats on that!

Not nearly as many as I thought I would

Thanks!

Eager to read all of your thoughts on Lolita Vibrator Torture cause I obviously can't watch it.

(Until he's older).
That I don't know whether this is the sleaziest thing on my watchlist does not speak well of my viewing habits.

Because we have kids, my wife and I did not watch more movies. In times of Covid we find ourselves occupied with more things to manage ourselves - starting with making the meals for kindergarten to keeping the monsters busy when they return home. In the evenings they are nor longer as tired as they were before, hence overall we have less and less time for ourselves.

As someone who went to at least three or four movies a month in the theater, often more like seven or eight a month, no, I have not been watching more movies during the pandemic. I also flat-out refuse to pay $20 to stream something like the Kevin Costner thriller Let Him Go. I would pony up $10 to see it theatrically but I cannot bring myself to spend twice that to watch it in my home.

As for older movies I watch them at the same rate as I always have. Which was already a lot.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I have Concast, and they have thousands of movies. Some from 3rd party, which means commercials, but one company plays 3 minutes of ads in the beginning, and that's it!

I have Concast, and they have thousands of movies. Some from 3rd party, which means commercials, but one company plays 3 minutes of ads in the beginning, and that's it!
Comcast, no wonder you aren't interested in finishing movies these days. I don't have Comcast but they can't have a great selection of classic and foreign films do they? I'd think the Criterion Channel would be more to your liking.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Comcast, no wonder you aren't interested in finishing movies these days. I don't have Comcast but they can't have a great selection of classic and foreign films do they? I'd think the Criterion Channel would be more to your liking.

They do, but I've seen most. I have also seen a ton of the Criterion stuff, but should probably look at user-made IMDB lists to add to my watch-list. Every night (when it's too late) I tell myself, "Tomorrow, watch a movie".

Now I'll use the excuse, "Well, can't do that now. Neighbor is using the lawn mower and it's too loud.. Maybe later (or never

I have seen less.. as I used to go to the cinema every weekend.. which suxs because I cant...

The trick is not minding
I have seen less.. as I used to go to the cinema every weekend.. which suxs because I cant...
This. When I lived Lancaster, Pa I made a trip to the local theater every other weekend.
In Reading it was nearly every weekend.
In Pittsburgh it slowed down considerably due to work, but still went as often as I could.
This year, due to covid, both of my local theaters closed. Permanently.
The closest one is now 30 minutes away In Frederick, Maryland. I miss going.

This. When I lived Lancaster, Pa I made a trip to the local theater every other weekend.
In Reading it was nearly every weekend.
In Pittsburgh it slowed down considerably due to work, but still went as often as I could.
This year, due to covid, both of my local theaters closed. Permanently.
The closest one is now 30 minutes away In Frederick, Maryland. I miss going.
I used to go 2 to 3 times a week and if I had my way, both on Saturday and Sunday and if it was an opening of a big picture, Friday night as well or Wednesday night if that was opening night.

I remember when AMC MovieWatcher first started, I went 10 times in 7 days. Yes, 10 different films and I can remember a few of what I saw.

I have watched way less because since this whole thing started my friend that would have a weekly movie night has put it on hiatus and I tend to watch less movies on my own than with people.

I've seen less than my usual output. I've definitely started to get back into my usual routine more lately though

I've been watching fewer movies, actually.

My job is "essential" and can't be performed remotely so I haven't had any extra time off. Actually, my days have been getting longer and more stressful because business has gone way up and I'm often too exhausted to focus on a movie by the time I get home.

Yes, I have more time to watch movies now