Least favorite director?

Tools    

I know this may be a quite critical thread, but I was just wondering if there were any directors out there that you just dont like. I know i have a few that i dont like or admire, but i stilli respect them as directors and their determination to put out good movies to entertain audiences nationwide.
1. Jonathan Mostow: I just don't like any of his films. His most recent, T3: Rise of the Machines was just a flop. I really didnt like it. As much as i am a fan of the Terminator series, this one just dissapointed me. His other movies, were not such blockbusters which also did not appeal to my interests. I would have to give him a respectful 'D' for trying to put out a good movie.
2. George Lucas: ABSOLUTELY LOVE HIS STAR WARS MOVIES, But his others were failures. I saw "THX 1138" the other night, and I was really dissapointed. It was with a well-known Robert Duval and some other low class actors. I had no clue what was going on in the movie, and it kept drifting. I kept falling out of the movie looking around at my nice wall behind my tv...but im sorry George, it was terrible. Others may disagree but i just hated this movie. Also, American Graffiti. Egh...i didnt like it. It was i guess a b- movie since the acting was alright and it had several of my fav soon to be actors in it. So i would have to give GL a 'B' since his Star Wars movies saved him for my standards.

Well thats mostly it. There are probably many other directors out there i wont like that much, that i havent seen yet.

Michael Bay i absolutly hate pearl harbor and bad boys 1 and 2. i havent seen his other films but these movies were just so bad i cant believe that people like them.

Say what again mother f**ker!
M. Night Shyamalan

I absolutely despise every part of his films. You can't make a movie interesting if all you do is add a twist at the end of a long boring film.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
I hate saying this. I really do. But I haven't liked a Steven Soderberg movie since Kafka, and that was mainly due to the photography. He's a brilliant photog. I hate the pacing of his movies, though... badly enough that I don't enjoy them.

A system of cells interlinked
Joel Schumacher

Talk about talent drying up. With some decent efforts early in his career, he just plopped right in the toilet all of a sudden. Enough is a enough Mr. Schumacher.

I'm gonna go with Michael Moore on this one. I haven't seen anything he's done that has impressed me at all. For all the hype that his movies get, his films tend to suck.

James cameron..pretty much all of his work sucks like a vacuum-cleaner

And this is my BOOMstick!
M. Night Shyamalan

I think the majority of Oliver Stone's movies are garbage. And Edward D. Wood's films speak for themselves.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Quentin Tarantino. I really don't like him. Everyone think's he's God, when I know he isn't.

And Ed Wood's movies are so bad they're so good- hence the cultness in them all.

Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
I saw Kill Bill Volume 1... that's all I needed to see.
Oh man, you can't judge the guy by that one film.

I think Quentin Tarrantino is now rather mainstream and most of the people i know who like him, think that by doing so they are cultured and into Independent films. Splitting Kill Bill into 2 films was a clear sign post for this. I do like his films, just hate his rep.
Shyamalan, when it got to The Village and a twist was expected, i gave up on him. Sixth Sense and Unbreakable were both enjoyable, Signs was a bit of nothing. I think he's just desperate to be consider an Auteur, hence having such explicit signatures.
Personally I have nothing against Micheal Bay's films, (bar Pearl Habour) he set's out to deliver action and thrills and you get what's on the tin.
As for Jonathon Mostow, I think he has made some bad decisions in what films he makes, Terminator did NOT need another sequel, but if you watch it as a seperate film from the prequels it's not too bad. In regards to U-571, i think having American protagonists, when it should have been the British, was a dumb move.
As for my worst director, i cant really say one. I feel John Woo has a detiorating career and with every Hollywood turkey he churns out I have less hope of him making another The Killer. Also George Lucas for potentionally ruining Star Wars.

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Also George Lucas for potentionally ruining Star Wars.
Yep, when future generations look back on the Star Wars films they'll think "What crap!". Simply because of the last three installments. But Lucas is not my least favorite director because of the sheer awesomeness of the original films.

Neutral Milk Hotel
I was never a big fan of George Lucas and Spielberg is just going down the drain.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

Bad Morther****er
Originally Posted by Mophead
M. Night Shyamalan

I absolutely despise every part of his films. You can't make a movie interesting if all you do is add a twist at the end of a long boring film.
I think that speaks more to his lack of skill as a screenwriter than a director. As a director I think he does a great job of mood control and foreshadowing. I acually think if somebody else gave him a good script He could make a good film out of it.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

Bad Morther****er
I'd have to say Kevin Smith. This guy is living off of 1 good film, bad dick a fart jokes, and Star Wars references. The more films this guy makes the more he is exposed as a total hack.

I'd probably go with Martin Scorsese, He really isn't my taste in films. I've seen em and just frankly dont like them at all. Also Joel Schumacher (SP) just cause of the buturing of the Batman movies. I know may some disagree, but

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Bad Morther****er
Originally Posted by MovieMaker5087
I saw Kill Bill Volume 1... that's all I needed to see.
Watch Plup Fiction and Reservoir Dogs. If you still think he sucks that's fine but you can't name a director who has made more than three films who hasn't made one bad film. To judge a director, or any artist, on one work alone is shortsighted. You can't make any meaningful jugdments from one film alone.