A scary thing happened on the way to the Movie Forums - Horrorcrammers

Tools    

Bad Nitez 4 Life

Keep milking that teat, my friend.
Are we established enough to replace the Z with a 5?

Are we established enough to replace the Z with a 5?
Bad Nite5 for Life

Only if you keep the rest of the title exactly the same. Too confusing for audiences otherwise.

Bad Nite5 for Life

Only if you keep the rest of the title exactly the same. Too confusing for audiences otherwise.
Did you just become my executive producer?

Did you just become my executive producer?
Yes, on the condition that you recycle the same screenplay each time, switch around a few character names to keep things fresh (but not actors, too confusing), and have your hero wink at the audience when they repeat a line of dialogue from a previous installment (but only the hero, too confusing otherwise).

Yes, on the condition that you recycle the same screenplay each time, switch around a few character names to keep things fresh (but not actors, too confusing), and have your hero wink at the audience when they repeat a line of dialogue from a previous installment (but only the hero, too confusing otherwise).
I already randomly typed character names and had them wink at the camera every 5 pages so this is very doable.

Remember the guy that gets decapitated in Part 1? He's back in this one. I don't know how, that's your job.
Don't worry too much about the logic. At the end of every one of these films, it turns out it was all a dream!

I posted about Anna and the Apocalypse in that other thread but I figure I'll mention it here too cuz why not.

It was marketed as "Shaun of the Dead meets La La Land," which, to be fair, was probably the influence and elevator pitch. The level of quality was probably closer to Dance of the Dead meets High School the Musical.

It's rare to see a musical or a zombie film with less energy but this one manages to do both with the kineticism of an undead shamble.
I realize I'm late in the Ana and the Apocalypse discussion, we can get back to A 6ad Night in Talbotz afterwards, but I was also dissapointed in who lived and died in the movie
WARNING: spoilers below
It felt way more dramatically appropriate to off at least one of the main characters but they just played it safe and killed the obvious side kicks instead.

Remember the guy that gets decapitated in Part 1? He's back in this one. I don't know how, that's your job.
And the werewolf? He’s a good guy now and they’re fighting vampires in Siberia.

I realize I'm late in the Ana and the Apocalypse discussion, we can get back to A 6ad Night in Talbotz afterwards, but I was also dissapointed in who lived and died in the movie
It felt way more dramatically appropriate to off at least one of the main characters but they just played it safe and killed the obvious side kicks instead.
I felt like everything in the movie just went the safest, laziest and least imaginative route.

I mean, the DID kill off...

The love sick friend

But they did it in the most obvious, cloying way possible.

That's the prequel, right? And this is his origin story?
You THINK it’s a prequel until you realize it’s actually taking place centuries in the future. Shyamalan has signed on to direct.

But the boys at the club all knew him as T-Botz.
Bruh. Don’t go giving away my secrets like that. People will realize what a hack fraud I am. What’s next? Revealing the mysterious (and genius) origin of the character name “Lon???”

I'm watching Crawl. I'm loving Kaya Scodelario. I read about her and find out she's going to be the Resident Evil reboot's Vlaire Redfield. Hype.

I'm watching Crawl. I'm loving Kaya Scodelario. I read about her and find out she's going to be the Resident Evil reboot's Vlaire Redfield. Hype.
Pound for pound, it’s my favorite Aja. While the characters still make stupid choices, it takes the claustrophobic intensity of High Tension, the creature feature carnage of Piranha and the family/becoming a predator themes of Hills Have Eyes and blends them into a lean, mean and fun package that knows when to end.

Pound for pound, it’s my favorite Aja. While the characters still make stupid choices, it takes the claustrophobic intensity of High Tension, the creature feature carnage of Piranha and the family/becoming a predator themes of Hills Have Eyes and blends them into a lean, mean and fun package that knows when to end.
I'm gonna forgive the stupid choices for one reason: is there REALLY time to think when you're surrounded by crocodiles swimming in your flooded house? I'm born of a Floridian, so my very blood felt it. I wish Dad could have seen that movie before he died. He would have gotten a good kick out of it.

Victim of The Night
Ya know, I really disliked that movie but I sure did think that as much as one actor could carry dead weight, she sure did, so I'll watch anything with her in it for now.

I liked Crawl. It was a fun creature feature that had a couple surprises up its sleeve. I wish we got more mid budget monster horror like Crawl and Underwater.

After first seeing trailers for Crawl and thinking it looked good, then reading reviews that said it wasn't that good, then hearing word-of-mouth that it WAS pretty good . . . I think I maybe went in with expectations that were a bit too high.

I thought it was fine (sort of C+ territory), but I was hoping for more of a B+.