My Most Disturbing Movie Experiences

Tools    

You can't win an argument just by being right!
I saw the Point Break remake in theaters. That felt like sitting in the electric chair.
LOL. I hear ya. It was like a long drawn out pretty red bull ad. I think my eyes bled.

Heres some of the films that come to my mind when i think of disturbing films.

Pixote
Come and see
Threads
Christain F
Scum
Angst
Onibaba
Shura
The Cremator
Go Go! Second time virgin
Shoguns sadism
Goodbye uncle tom
In the realm of the senses

Also would reccomend Wake in fright and The Pianist!

Heres some of the films that come to my mind when i think of disturbing films.

Pixote
Come and see
Threads
Christain F
Scum
Angst
Onibaba
Shura
The Cremator
Go Go! Second time virgin
Shoguns sadism
Goodbye uncle tom
In the realm of the senses

Also would reccomend Wake in fright and The Pianist!

There is some good stuff on this list, I should try to check out the couple I haven't seen.

I'm not sure, Citizen, but here's a link to the top 6:

https://www.movieforums.com/communit...54#post1635654
Oh, you did finish it. I'm not sure why it looked like the thread stopped at 36 to me? It must be my computer didn't load the rest of the pages or something. Now I can see all of the rest of the list. Nice job on the list too!

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Oh, you did finish it. I'm not sure why it looked like the thread stopped at 36 to me? It must be my computer didn't load the rest of the pages or something. Now I can see all of the rest of the list. Nice job on the list too!

@Citizen Rules, I think I figured out why you thought the list ended at #36. There were two entries for #36. The first one was in the actual list, (on page 4), and the second one was at the end of the list, (on page 10). If you read the text for the second #36, @Gideon58 says that Sophie's Choice was entered twice, so the entry at #36 was replaced with Blue Velvet.

Sophie's Choice

Brilliant performances by Meryl Streep and Kevin Kline notwithstanding, the flashback scenes in the concentration camp just give me chills thinking about them. A movie that I am glad I experienced, but I doubt if I would ever be able to sit through it again.

Blue Velvet

Discovered I entered Sophie's Choice twice, so I am entering another movie here...a severed ear, a mysterious nightclub singer and some really psychotic criminals added up to one of my most disturbing movie experiences, headlined by one of cinema's most bizarre villains (Dennis Hopper).

@Citizen Rules, I think I figured out why you thought the list ended at #36. There were two entries for #36. The first one was in the actual list, (on page 4), and the second one was at the end of the list, (on page 10). If you read the text for the second #36, @Gideon58 says that Sophie's Choice was entered twice, so the entry at #36 was replaced with Blue Velvet.
You figured it out Yup that's what happened, I seen #36 Blue Velvet on page 10 and thought the countdown stopped there. What I was doing was reading the list backwards from page 12. Thanks for figuring it out.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
You figured it out Yup that's what happened, I seen #36 Blue Velvet on page 10 and thought the countdown stopped there. What I was doing was reading the list backwards from page 12. Thanks for figuring it out.

When I read your post, I figured it out by reading the thread backwards. I saw the same thing that you saw, that it ended at #36, but when I saw Gideon's link, I knew that there had to be an explanation, so I went looking for #36 in the actual list, and when I found it and saw it was a different movie, I read both, and I figured out what happened.

When I read your post, I figured it out by reading the thread backwards. I saw the same thing that you saw, that it ended at #36, but when I saw Gideon's link, I knew that there had to be an explanation, so I went looking for #36 in the actual list, and when I found it and saw it was a different movie, I read both, and I figured out what happened.

Not having read all 12 pages, I hope no one mentioned "Audition" yet :-) That last chapter, when she started to use needles....ouch!

@Gideon58, your #1 film was The Passion of the Christ. I thought it was a wonderfully made movie. There are some things that are extreme but there is some heart pulling moments in the film. The scene where he's carrying the cross and you see his mother watching him. You can see the love of a mother for her child in that scene and his pain is her burden.

Never seen Audition
I am not sure if I should suggest you should

A system of cells interlinked
I think Demolition appears on the list twice, as well!

#34 on page 5, and #11 on page 8.