The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
Knowing what little I know of @Yoda, I'm assuming he's hinting at Raised by Wolves. Though I'm sure he adores this series as much as I do (and how he also adores Bowie almost as much as I do (again, I'm assuming, but we all know my truth, and I feel I can speak/type confidently on this)), I'm saddened to say that I believe it is out of bounds being a series.

Bowie, however, has leeway with The Hunger, the obvious choice to start this countdown proper. And there's plenty of time left for The Man Who Fell to Earth. Down somewhere in the 30s. Give or take.

OMG.
I can format text in the mobile preview?! This took HOURS to thump out!!! Thumb. Get it? My avatar? *cough*

I'll be here all week, ladies n germs!!

Surely it's far too low for 12 Angry Men so I'll go with The Cat O' Nine Tails.

12 Monkeys seems like a sound guess. However, the fact that it wasn't on the "old list", which was made closer to the film's release, makes me hesitate. As much as I love it, I don't see it as a film that has significantly grown in stature with the general public in the last 10 years.

The trick is not minding
Knowing what little I know of @Yoda, I'm assuming he's hinting at Raised by Wolves. Though I'm sure he adores this series as much as I do (and how he also adores Bowie almost as much as I do (again, I'm assuming, but we all know my truth, and I feel I can speak/type confidently on this)), I'm saddened to say that I believe it is out of bounds being a series.

Bowie, however, has leeway with The Hunger, the obvious choice to start this countdown proper. And there's plenty of time left for The Man Who Fell to Earth. Down somewhere in the 30s. Give or take.

OMG.
I can format text in the mobile preview?! This took HOURS to thump out!!! Thumb. Get it? My avatar? *cough*

I'll be here all week, ladies n germs!!
I preferred your last avatar

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I preferred your last avatar

Well, technically, this is my last avatar. So I win again!! Mmmmwahahahahahahaaa....

I'm guessing it's Twelve Monkeys, if it is, this will be a movie that wasn't on the 2010 list. Never saw this movie, the movie any good?

I'm guessing it's Twelve Monkeys, if it is, this will be a movie that wasn't on the 2010 list. Never saw this movie, the movie any good?
I love it, personally.

Oh yeah, mind-bending time thriller, with a crazy performance from Pitt (pun slightly intended). Plus, it has a supporting performance from the best actor of the last 30 years, David Morse.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
Cook you watched it eh. I ended up watching it last night too after talking about it, though I fell asleep before the ending.

It's magnificent, it's technical, it's clever, and it makes you feel like you're watching a re enactment of real events.
I'll be rewatching this again, very soon.
What I love was that everything was practical. There wasn't some outrageous, impossible maneuver but everything was very believable and not once do you shake your head, going "Really? Really?!"
And they do set up for a re-enactment feel. Something I loved from other films of that time like Three Days of the Condor as that same feel or the Odessa Files.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I almost put The Match Factory Girl as my 1-pointer, kinda regret not doing it now because I'm pretty sure nobody else would have voted for it and I think the film I did end up putting there might sneak on without my help.

Fine movie. Kaurismaki is the most recent director I like. I saw all his movies, and highly recommend the ones with Matti Pellonpaa (especially, "Shadows in Paradise")