The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh: Countdown

→ in
Tools    

Was checking the old list and I have 13 from that one on mine.

I was also surprised by a few that weren't there.

I'd forgotten how many of my favorites were pretty high up on the last list. I assume (I know!) it will be a little different this time around.

Hopefully, none of my picks will be one pointers, but I'm sure a few are. A couple films on my favorites list range from relatively to really obscure.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Hopefully, none of my picks will be one pointers, but I'm sure a few are. A couple films on my favorites list range from relatively to really obscure.
Only one of your movies could be a 1 pointer....the one you gave 1 point.

Suspect's Reviews

Yeah, it's an opaque or confusing term if it's new to you, but a One Pointer is a film that someone had at 25th (awarding it one point)...that nobody else had anywhere. So it has exactly one point across all lists.

Also, 5 of my picks made the 2010 list (a sixth one is in my top 30). I expect most of them will make it on this list again, so that's a good sign.

I hope there will be more representative of foreign/non-engrish films to make the top 100. It's weird to not see films by guys like goddard, tarkovsky, bergman, ozu and even kiarostami for a list that claims as "all time." I have high hope for you mofos!

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
exactly 10 people participated in both lists: rauldc14, honeykid, Yoda, sarah f, mark f, Miss Vicky, TheUsualSuspect, Iroquois, Thursday Next, Powdered Water.
I feel special. And also old.

With regards to Marvel movie...I think Guardians of the Galaxy will crack the list. I'm going to say #72. The Dark Knight may well still be the most popular comic book movie though.

I can see Blade Runner climbing to top 5. Hopefully the highest place film from last year to disappear completely will be Braveheart, because it is rubbish. Highest horror movie probably The Shining.

My predictions for the first two films

#100 The Terminator
#99 Something I've never heard of

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I hope there will be more representative of foreign/non-engrish films to make the top 100. It's weird to not see films by guys like goddard, tarkovsky, bergman, ozu and even kiarostami for a list that claims as "all time." I have high hope for you mofos!
All time just means all the decades, it doesn't mean has to include specific directors.

I think that non-English films will probably be under-represented. I had fewer on my own final list than I would have thought.

All the more reason to do a foreign film countdown next!

Yeah, it's an opaque or confusing term if it's new to you, but a One Pointer is a film that someone had at 25th (awarding it one point)...that nobody else had anywhere. So it has exactly one point across all lists.
Hmm, I'm pretty sure my #25 will get more points. Maybe if I had swapped it with my #24, I would've had such a rare honor.

Someone from that list made my ballot, but I can guarantee you it's not Ozu

I can't guess all 37 one-pointers but I reckon these might be a few of them (sorry if inadvertently stealing any of your thunder Yods):