do u think Speed (1994) still holds up really well ?

Tools    

why would u get it on dvd when u can watch it on bluray :P

Because to use BluRay, I need to spend a stupid amount of money on a new TV, a stupid amount of money on a new player, and also spend twice as much for the disc... for the same result.

Because to use BluRay, I need to spend a stupid amount of money on a new TV, a stupid amount of money on a new player, and also spend twice as much for the disc... for the same result.
I see so u don t have a full hd tv?

Nah. Hopefully will get one soon though. Seen a nice one for £400.

Won't be getting BluRay yet though. More expense, and it'd cost a fortune to get all my movies replaced. I'm at around 500 now in the collection. No way am I spending a minimum of 500x£20 to get some slightly brighter colours when I can do that for free using the contrast setting on the telly.

A system of cells interlinked

What are you on about now, mister R!?

I got my Player for 58 bucks. Speed on BluRay is 10 dollars. But mostly...the result is far from the same. You just trollin?

As far as your TV comment...you ain't just whistling dixie! That will certainly cost you. The problem these days is that you are stuff with LED TVs, which I think are inherently flawed tech. Especially with full HD, it's tough to get a good, film-like result unless you spend a ton of money on an OLED display. Regular LED is garbage, and you end up with a different set of problems depending on the particular display. Sadly, due to the advent of 4K, Plasma TVs are no longer made, which is a damn shame, because in the 1080 format, they definitely produced the best result for watching films in HD. Alas, the tech can;t so 4k, so it's gone now. I still have my trusty plasma (2011 model), and I still get comments on the quality of picture when I have friends over to watch flicks.

So yea, even though you can get the blu ray discs fairly cheap now, and the players have come way down, a good display remains a pretty large financial hurdle.

Nah not trolling really. But it is ridiculous in the UK on the prices of things.
BluRay are about £25 new.
A player will set you back about £150 at the low end.

4k tv s are pretty cheap nowadays i have to say, i bought one 40 inch 4k samsung for 450 usd, now it s even less. that was like a year ago.
a 50 inch samsung 4k is around 650 usd

A system of cells interlinked
Nah not trolling really. But it is ridiculous in the UK on the prices of things.
BluRay are about £25 new.
A player will set you back about £150 at the low end.
Blimey, that's steep!

That price for bluray is ridiculous! I would avoid at that cost, as well.

Blimey, that's steep!

That price for bluray is ridiculous! I would avoid at that cost, as well.

Yeah it's ridiculous in the UK for taxes.
Looking at what you guys spend on a disc or a player, it's about a quarter of the cost over there.

4k tv s are pretty cheap nowadays i have to say, i bought one 40 inch 4k samsung for 450 usd, now it s even less. that was like a year ago.
a 50 inch samsung 4k is around 650 usd

4k smart TVs in the UK start at about £300 which is about the same price as the USA... but they're usually cheaply made and last about a year before they pack up. I saw one for £200 the other day, and had a read of the customer reviews... out of the 300+ reviews, every single one was bad. They were all saying that the sound was awful, and can only be fixed by buying a top end sound bar.
So basically if you want a new TV in the UK, and you want it to actually work... you're looking at the £700 ones, which is about $1000.

Yeah it's ridiculous in the UK for taxes.
Looking at what you guys spend on a disc or a player, it's about a quarter of the cost over there.

4k smart TVs in the UK start at about £300 which is about the same price as the USA... but they're usually cheaply made and last about a year before they pack up. I saw one for £200 the other day, and had a read of the customer reviews... out of the 300+ reviews, every single one was bad. They were all saying that the sound was awful, and can only be fixed by buying a top end sound bar.
So basically if you want a new TV in the UK, and you want it to actually work... you're looking at the £700 ones, which is about $1000.
My tv is not even high end and i have no issues with it, it has gaming mode and good colors and black reproduction and has HDR,all i need in modern tv

Haven't seen it in years but yeah definitely holds up!

Speed still entertains, but it's always been a less than perfect film. It really only gets good when the whole bus thing gets going. Dennis Hopper seems a little too over the top, at times, but I like seeing Keanu and Sandra together, they make a great onscreen couple.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Why is Speed less than perfect? Is the opening elevator act, not as good, since you said that it gets going when the bus comes along?

The elevator act is pretty conventional, Hollywood stuff that feels very false to me. I'm not saying the stuff with the bus was realistic, at all, but it played. It's kind of hard to explain, but that elevator business felt very forced ...

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
Oh okay, I thought the elevator stuff was done real well and suspenseful, like how they could tell the villain was hiding in the elevator cause they heard coughing, while they were above it, or how they got the idea to hook that hook onto the elevator carrying the hostages before it dropped.

I decided to have a rewatch of this yesterday, and just felt like i was watching it for the first time
The key factors:
Stock roll analogue hd only cam
Mark.mancina for the score
The cinematography and camera work
Such a classic action movie
Hope the 90s can come back...

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Definitely, I love the film myself.

I would say so yes