Pets

Tools    

There are hairless varieties of cats, dogs, rats, mice, guinea pigs, and rabbits, off the top of my head. There are probably other animals bred that way too, but those are the ones I know about and I don’t like any of them. I like my mammalian pets to have fur, tyvm.
I’ve never actually seen one, but I rather like this kind of cat.

I’ve never actually seen one, but I rather like this kind of cat.

I have met a few Sphinx cats. I don’t like them. I don’t like the way they look and I don’t like the way it feels to pet them.

Though honestly I don’t like any of the cat breeds, furry or otherwise. Some are pretty, but I’ll take a regular domestic shorthair from a shelter or rescue any day over one of them.

⬆️ All our cats are rescues.

I would love a rag doll kitten though. But ... #adoptdontshop is my credo.

The rats that I posted about previously ended up being adopted by someone else. I didn't think I would be disappointed about it, especially since one of them was hairless, but I was actually pretty disappointed. So I contacted the local rat rescues, only to be told that they've had an influx of adopters and don't have what I want. One of them directed me to a Facebook group for people looking to rehome or adopt rats in California.

At first I wasn't seeing anything but females being posted and then a guy posted that someone had dumped some rats at the vet clinic where he works and that one of them had been pregnant. I was excited at first, but then was soon disappointed to find that they were about 300 miles away. I expressed my disappointment to my friend and absentee MoFo FunnyFace and her response was "Road Trip!"

So here are my new babies: Fidget (wide, straight blaze), Twitch (crooked blaze), and Twiddle (tiny dot on forehead)

Forgive the crappy iPod pics.

I setup my playpen and did first intros with Little Man and the babies today. They were only together for about 10 minutes but it went well. Little Man was much more tolerant of them than I expected him to be.

Forgive the buzzing and gurgling sounds. There are three aquariums in that room.

⬆️ Question: if one were to adopt male & female rats, but didn’t want them to procreate, is it possible to spay/neuter rats?

⬆️ So nice you did this. How old is she? Is she very nervous?
She's 9 months old. Her mother was brought to the shelter pregnant with her and her siblings. She's lived in the shelter all her life. Yes, she's extremely nervous right now. She's hiding under the loveseat. I know she will come out after a few days. We have adopted a cat before and that's how they act.

She's 9 months old. Her mother was brought to the shelter pregnant with her and her siblings. She's lived in the shelter all her life. Yes, she's extremely nervous right now. She's hiding under the loveseat. I know she will come out after a few days. We have adopted a cat before and that's how they act.
We currently have 2 inside cats & 8 outside (ridiculous). We’ve had many cats, all rescues.

As you say, she will adjust. My cat Looby Loo disappeared for 2 hours in the room I placed her in when we brought her home at 12 weeks. I was frantic with worry. Finally discovered her hidden in a false bottom of a bookcase. Phew.

Enjoy Catalina & post more photos.

⬆️ Question: if one were to adopt male & female rats, but didn’t want them to procreate, is it possible to spay/neuter rats?
Thanks @Miss Vicky

Catalina is beginning to open up to being petted. She has a lot of toys. I have noticed she watches TV.

Catalina is beginning to open up to being petted. She has a lot of toys. I have noticed she watches TV.

What a doll!

Ike trying to look casual.

I’m trying to see what books you have. Nice big Bible.