The Movie Forums Top 100 of All-Time Refresh

→ in
Tools    

Ah the problem I got these days is also Word.
I don't have access to Excel or Photoshop atm.

Need to sort it, but they're just so damned expensive.
I know you told me why you don't have those, but I can't remember why except that you have a broke laptop I think? But are you then posting from a mobile? Or if you your using another laptop why can't you put Photoshop & Excel on it?

Nah new laptop now... just no Excel, Word or Photoshop on it.

Old lappy still has those programs, but it crashes sporadically so it usually takes me 30 minutes to do a piece of digital art that would have normally taken 2-3 minutes.
If I was to use it for Excel and do stuff for MoFo, I'd have to be sure to hit save every 4 seconds, and even then it might not save properly. Risk of losing data would be too high given the amount of work and effort people put into their stuff on MoFo

Need to get those programs for this lappy and I'd be flying... but they're costly these days.

Nah new laptop now... just no Excel, Word or Photoshop on it.

Old lappy still has those programs, but it crashes sporadically so it usually takes me 30 minutes to do a piece of digital art that would have normally taken 2-3 minutes.
If I was to use it for Excel and do stuff for MoFo, I'd have to be sure to hit save every 4 seconds, and even then it might not save properly. Risk of losing data would be too high given the amount of work and effort people put into their stuff on MoFo

Need to get those programs for this lappy and I'd be flying... but they're costly these days.
Is it a licenses thing? Say like your copy of Photoshop is only licensed for one computer, like how Windows is?

New one is Windows 10 new machine so yeah the license stuff is the problem.
There's also no disc drives on new machines... meaning ripped copies of stuff won't work.

Also means I can't download Photoshop from the old disc I have, even if I use a plug in disc drive.
These new machines run solely on downloaded stuff.

Windows and Microsoft have hard-cut to an Apple style download-only app system. No discs allowed at all.

As much as I love this new lappy... it's bloody expensive getting any programs for it.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I've always found 2 a day as ideal.
For me, it isn't about the destination, (the final list placement) it's more about the journey and the discussions we all have regarding each film as they are revealed.
This is a wonderfully diverse forum with a large, diverse group of members and we all have our favorite threads we spend most of our time at for varying reasons including personal time restraints.
So, when we have a countdown it's more like a town festival where you get to talk with folks you don't normally talk with. There are several folks I only see during these countdowns so I'm in no rush to speed things up. I'm quite happy with the pace and the relaxed opportunity to converse.
Adding more films (aka one more film) per day seems, to me, to shorten both discussion as well as allowing other folks to chime in or respond to any number of discussions going on regarding a particular movie.

I feel speeding the Countdown up only makes a smaller window for discussion. And considering the large group of folks participating, do we really want to speed things up and miss out on some really great, funny, trivia-based, thought-provoking, and/or obscure, nonsensical conversation about what we all love: movies?

I think I'll pass.
I'm good with just 2.
Thank you.

I've always found 2 a day as ideal.
For me, it isn't about the destination, (the final list placement) it's more about the journey and the discussions we all have regarding each film as they are revealed.
This. So much this.

I'm new here and this is the first list I've participated in, so I'm happy with whatever you guys decide to do. Two movies a day is fine with me.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
I'm new here and this is the first list I've participated in, so I'm happy with whatever you guys decide to do. Two movies a day is fine with me.
WELCOME and ENJOY the ride!!

Right here with yea with the first time participating in a list like this, it would be foolish to try to ask to change something (like revealing more titles to speed things up) if you never participated in it before, so instead just enjoy the ride.

The trick is not minding
Get ready for a lot of grumblings of “What is this movie doing here?!”

I still get a chuckle over one certain (ex) poster who really went full tilt over the western countdown earlier this year over The Quick and the Dead’s inclusion
😆😆😆

Get ready for a lot of grumblings of “What is this movie doing here?!”

I still get a chuckle over one certain (ex) poster who really went full tilt over the western countdown earlier this year over The Quick and the Dead’s inclusion
😆😆😆
I have a feeling that were gonna be seeing some curveballs on this list, I like when that happens lol, cuz you just don't see it coming. I'm sure this will be a good list, I mean sure there's probably gonna be movies that I didn't like but you can say the same for others also.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I'm not sure there will really be much surprises though. I'm not seeing a whole lot of "never heard of that before" for this. Probably a bit of "I hate this, but I'm not surprised to see this make it"

I'm just wondering how many MCU movies will make it.

Not moaning or anything, just extremely curious as to how much "recency bias" (for want of a better phrase), and simply how massive and influential the MCU has been in the past 12-13 years, will play a part in the new MoFo Top 100.

The trick is not minding
I'm just wondering how many MCU movies will make it.

Not moaning or anything, just extremely curious as to how much "recency bias" (for want of a better phrase), and simply how massive and influential the MCU has been in the past 12-13 years, will play a part in the new MoFo Top 100.
For my list, I excluded anything from the past decade because I didn’t feel it was quite enough time, for me, for it to properly be judged.
I didn’t even include anything after 2000

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
I'm really not sure why this idea hasn't already become standard here with the frequency of countdowns and lists, but we should all wrap ourselves into our winter MOFO cloaks, cut the lights, and put on any TOOL album of your choice to then present each night the following sequence of 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, etc., until our list is exhausted or until one of us sees Helen Hunt reflected back at us from a meticulously organized breakfast plate. With plastic utensils at the ready.

I mean, come. on. I got my gasless chainsaw. You... you got your spear-thingy. Let's get these rubber band contraptions a'bouncin' and find out who's left standing in the end. Amirite? Seriously. Who runs this town??

SPIN THE WHEEL!!

I'm not sure there will really be much surprises though. I'm not seeing a whole lot of "never heard of that before" for this. Probably a bit of "I hate this, but I'm not surprised to see this make it"
Not so much of a movie that we haven't heard of before, but was talking more like movies that you wouldn't expect to make it to the list for example, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, very good movie btw, I'll be shocked if this makes it to top 100. Yea I'm sure we'll get plenty of "I hate this, not surprised to see it on the list." though

For my list, I excluded anything from the past decade because I didn’t feel it was quite enough time, for me, for it to properly be judged.
I didn’t even include anything after 2000
I'm kinda similar tbh.
There's a thin amount of movies since 2000 that made my list.
I went with a lot of classics and near classics with a few movies from recent times that I genuinely think deserve a vote.

Of course, I'm not the kind of MoFo who would vote for, say, 2001: A Space Odyssey or something like A Clockwork Orange, simply for the sake of voting for revered classics, simply because they are revered classics.

My list was/is movies I genuinely like, and are imho, genuinely decent movies.
Just meant in terms of my own tastes, there wasn't much space for movies from recent years.

It's hard to pin down what it is about modern vs older... modern movies need to have something special for me to really pay attention.
Might be the old Hollywood trope of having bad writing or something. Too much CGI maybe. I dunno. But yeah, I have a range of years on my list, but not too many from the past 10-20 years.

I dunno. But yeah, I have a range of years on my list, but not too many from the past 10-20 years.
My list is skewed to very heavily favor movies from the last 20 years, but there are a couple of movies on it that are older than I am.

As haphazardly as I concocted my list, I think I managed to get a decent mixture of "revered classics", personal favorites, and obscure, little-known surprises. I'm sure most of the latter won't make it into the final list, what with being "obscure" and "little known", but they are films I really liked/loved and if giving them one vote is enough to shine a light on them, then so be it.