Coronavirus

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I wish we had an up vote system.

EDIT: In my defense, there is literally no way to talk about coronavirus, in generality, without politics getting into it. Because the failure to contain the US outbreak is a political problem and not a scientific one.

I wish we had an up vote system.
Huh? what are you talking about, you started the politically stuff a few post back

I guess you're getting your po-talk in before this happens:
Originally Posted by John McClane
I really hope we ban political discussions before Biden takes office. That’s liable to be the only way to get me to not run my mouth.
The smiley face is because I still like ya!

Huh? what are you talking about, you started the politically stuff a few post back
It was just a joke (I.e. Reddit has a system where more ups means it moves up to the top)

I guess you're getting your po-talk in before this happens:
The smiley face is because I still like ya!
Maybe I’m trying to nudge it with my boot.

But no, seriously, at this point I can’t talk about coronavirus without putting the blame squarely in political context. It has devolved past science. Like we know what it is, how it spreads, and how to reduce transmission. Sure there’s still gaps in our knowledge, but the actual problem now is how do we repair the damage. That is how do we support people who are not sick but are hurting. And that’s where it devolves into a political problem.

So I see that all Dunkin Donuts no longer have indoor seating. So when I go to Dunkin for breakfast after Xmas Day mass (my little tradition), I am gonna have to sit outside in the cold. (If we even have a Xmas day mass.)

The NY Times reported yesterday that no indoor or outdoor seating will be allowed in Los Angeles County restaurants. Wow, way to close down the restaurant industry there.

Our restaurants are closed in Washington state except for outside seating and curb side take out. Of course there's no outside seating at most restaurants here. I mean who wants to set out in the rain and eat your meal

Well here in Britain Christmas isn't cancelled at the moment, the government said three households can mix over Christmas in a three 'household bubble' from the 23rd to the 27th of december then it's back to the three tier system rules.

We still have to be careful, especially if your households that are mixing have a lot of people... but we are allowed.

Well here in Britain Christmas isn't cancelled at the moment, the government said three households can mix over Christmas in a three 'household bubble' from the 23rd to the 27th of december then it's back to the three tier system rules.

We still have to be careful, especially if your households that are mixing have a lot of people... but we are allowed.
I think Christmas is much more of a thing in the UK than it is here. Don’t you guys still close down from Xmas Eve to New Year?

Strangest thing for me here was working on Xmas Eve. Not unusual at all here. And don’t even mention Xmas on December 26 - it’s over thank you very much.

Most things close on Christmas day and early on New year's eve but every other day everything is open especially for the shop sales that start on boxing day...

I don't venture out near the shops during the first few days after Christmas day because it's packed, especially this year! No no.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Oooo finally a vaccine here the UK! Most of the people who need it most will take a few months to give out then it goes to the rest of the population, so still need to be safe during December and January especially as everyone needs two doses over 21 days.

How's it going in other countries vaccine wise?

So our cathedral sent out an email yesterday telling us that masses are suspended through Friday. Someone who comes to mass daily has contracted COVID19.

Rather alarming news as this is the closest the virus has come to me. I don’t go to mass every day, but, no doubt, I have passed by this person, whoever it is.

It won’t surprise me if they suspend Sunday mass this week. No doubt they are feverishly cleaning the cathedral now. Again.

Predictions in The Netherlands are 60-65% of the population will be vaccinated by Easter.
17,000,000 there compared to 331,000,000 in the USA. So we should be done - when? 2030?

My dad was talking about traveling across the country to visit for Christmas, but I finally convinced him that’s a bad idea. Only took 2 weeks.

17,000,000 there compared to 331,000,000 in the USA. So we should be done - when? 2030?
America is exceptional with it's speed and resources to get things done fast when it wants to... or at least we were when Trump was in charge...

(He snapped his fingers and suddenly mothballed hospital ships were refurbished, re-stocked, re-staffed and dispatched to each coast in record time! In NY, convention centers and parks were turned into emergency hospitals in a matter of days! He talked to manufacturing companies and suddenly automobile & appliance factories were turning out ventilators on their production lines - enough to make sure hospitals would not become overwhelmed. He launched Operation Warp Speed and multiple therapeutics and vaccines were developed far ahead of even the most optimistic predictions by the most knowledgeable scientists, doctors, and pharmacists!)

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Most things close on Christmas day and early on New year's eve but every other day everything is open especially for the shop sales that start on boxing day...

I don't venture out near the shops during the first few days after Christmas day because it's packed, especially this year! No no.

We usually shop on Black Friday, but this is the first year that I can remember in at least the last 20 years that we didn't buy anything on Black Friday. It just wasn't worth the risk of being in a crowded store with people who think it's okay to walk around with their masks under their noses, and bump into you if you're in their way.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
So our cathedral sent out an email yesterday telling us that masses are suspended through Friday. Someone who comes to mass daily has contracted COVID19.

Rather alarming news as this is the closest the virus has come to me. I don’t go to mass every day, but, no doubt, I have passed by this person, whoever it is.

It won’t surprise me if they suspend Sunday mass this week. No doubt they are feverishly cleaning the cathedral now. Again.

We just went through a similar COVID scare a few days ago. One of Hubby's co-workers tested positive for COVID the Friday after Thanksgiving. They closed the shop for two days to clean it, and everyone had to get tested. Nobody was allowed back to work without proof of testing negative.

America is exceptional with it's speed and resources to get things done fast when it wants to... or at least we were when Trump was in charge...

(He snapped his fingers and suddenly mothballed hospital ships were refurbished, re-stocked, re-staffed and dispatched to each coast in record time! In NY, convention centers and parks were turned into emergency hospitals in a matter of days! He talked to manufacturing companies and suddenly automobile & appliance factories were turning out ventilators on their production lines - enough to make sure hospitals would not become overwhelmed. He launched Operation Warp Speed and multiple therapeutics and vaccines were developed far ahead of even the most optimistic predictions by the most knowledgeable scientists, doctors, and pharmacists!)
Trump is done so don’t even want to get into this.

We just went through a similar COVID scare a few days ago. One of Hubby's co-workers tested positive for COVID the Friday after Thanksgiving. They closed the shop for two days to clean it, and everyone had to get tested. Nobody was allowed back to work without proof of testing negative.
It seems to me that we should have had contact tracing? I don’t go to mass every day, but I could have crossed paths with this person at rosary prayer on Wednesday mornings & at the 8.30 Sunday mass if that’s the time this person worshipped.

Haven’t heard a word since from the cathedral so presume Sunday mass is on.

Wondering how long it will be before people start fighting each other for the vaccine. Believing that they deserve it more than someone else. Hope this doesn’t happen, but predicting that it will.

Nice to see it's all positive posts in here