MoFo Fantasy Football 2020 - Regular Season

Tools    

Yeah, came here to note you had four teams on your tail and only one of them won...and that's because two of them were playing each other! The other two lost by a combined eight points or so, which is wild, and huge.

If Brady throws that last TD pass to anyone but Godwin then @TONGO would've lost as well.

I was skeptical that Woods would do much more than that tonight against a Bucs defense that has been very good against WRs this year. I was wrong.
I thought the same thing with Cupp (20 pts) against Tampa so I benched him Sunday morning for Crowder (2pts). If you had played your best lineup and beat me I would have been kicking myself for benching Cupp, who I have started every week this season. One of the things I like about having a crap bench - as long as your starters stay healthy there isn't much second guessing.

A system of cells interlinked
If Brady throws that last TD pass to anyone but Godwin then @TONGO would've lost as well.
I went to bed just as the 4th quarter started, and I said to myself:

"As long as Brady doesn't toss a TD to Godwin, I should be OK, but since this is my team, there is about a 98.4% chance Brady throws a TD to Godwin."

I had the same thought! I was watching, saw the TD, then it reminded me TONGO had Brady and I decided to check the score and he was up by 4, and I was like...uh...was he down by 10 late and that was the only thing that would've saved him? Yuuup.

My path to the playoffs is about as likely as Trump turning over the election.

Such pitiful performances by most of my team. Thought I had a decent chance going into last night's game.

Just realized with Thielen iffy re: COVID, my natural plug-in would be Claypool...except he plays Thursday, so that ripples throughout the lineup, because then I risk having to bench Gibson (who also plays Thursday!) for Thielen. D'oh.

I thought the same thing with Cupp (20 pts) against Tampa so I benched him Sunday morning for Crowder (2pts).
The Bucs defense hadn't allowed 20 fantasy points to a WR all season until Monday night, when they allowed two in the same game.

Just realized with Thielen iffy re: COVID, my natural plug-in would be Claypool...except he plays Thursday, so that ripples throughout the lineup, because then I risk having to bench Gibson (who also plays Thursday!) for Thielen. D'oh.
I like how you're stressing over such matters when you're 10-1.

I feel bad for Nocturnal Busts. J.J. has put up even more points than me but has had more points against than all but 2 teams in the league. That is a worse screw than losing a player to an injury imo because theres no way to work around it. Watch out for NB everybody because they're the spoiler/sleeper team in the league.

Also its nice to see Rauld popping in to talk some ball with everyone now.

I like how you're stressing over such matters when you're 10-1.
Eh, it's always about the game in front of you. That and, after all these years, records are the most interesting thing, and both the win record (11-2 is the current mark) and points record (need about 130 each of the last two weeks) are within reach.

It might actually be nice to lose a second time randomly just so Dalvin Cook isn't responsible for the one blemish.

I feel bad for Nocturnal Busts. J.J. has put up even more points than me but has had more points against than all but 2 teams in the league. That is a worse screw than losing a player to an injury imo because theres no way to work around it. Watch out for NB everybody because they're the spoiler/sleeper team in the league.
Yeah, happens to somebody just about every year. Third in points, he is. He's got losses with 113, 126, 111, and 114 points. He did nab a win with just 99 and 101, but neither's that bad and it's still a huge net negative luck-wise.

Anyway, definitely deserves to make the playoffs, and a prime example of the kinds of rules tweaks we've been seeing more and more in fantasy, like giving the last playoff spot to the highest non-playoff scorer, which is something I'd definitely be in favor of next season. It's a nice compromise so the week to week stuff still matters, but a really unlucky owner won't miss out entirely, too.

I hope so, but the Ravens outplayed them the last time and they were lucky to escape with a win.

There's some degree to which takeaways are a skill but they're very fickle (especially fumble recoveries, which are essentially random). Can't rely on that against good teams.

Let the night air cool you off
So, if the Steelers/Ravens game gets completely nixed, I need to have CeeDee Lamb in the spot I have Diontae Johnson in now. I don't think anybody has had to use that midseason rule change, and I don't want to be the first, but just let this be my official proclamation.

Eh, it's always about the game in front of you. That and, after all these years, records are the most interesting thing, and both the win record (11-2 is the current mark) and points record (need about 130 each of the last two weeks) are within reach.
It benefits me for you to win these next two games, so I hope you get all the records . . .

Only to lose to me in the playoffs when Alvin Kamara misses a game and Latavius Murray gets me 30 points in his place. Then I can be like, "Well, I kept trying to trade him to you!" Kamara's already got a lingering foot issue that's starting to affect his practice status during the week, so the beginning stages of my diabolical plot have been set in motion.

BTW, I cursed your name earlier today. I saw the news about Bernard and went to add Perine. He was still available in the player pool, but as I selected a player to drop, I got an error message saying that he was already on someone else's roster. If I'd been 20-30 seconds quicker I would've had him. I guarantee I'll be cursing your name again if this Steelers/Ravens game gets called off altogether, leaving me without Conner and an already questionable RB group. It's very possible Perine would've found himself in my starting line-up this weekend.

Wowwwww, that thing you just described has happened to me, but a) only a few times in a decade and b) usually around bigger news or when I expect I'll have to rush. That's wild.