The Baker's Dozen Movie Game Thread

Tools    

13 Movies that features a scene where a song is played on a cassette/record/DVD player (Name the song and post video of the scene):

1. Footloose (Moving Pictures - Never)

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Ghouls, vampires, werewolves... let's party.
13 Movies that features a scene where a song is played on a cassette/record/DVD player (Name the song and post video of the scene):

2. Flashdance (What a Feeling)

3. Guardians of the Galaxy (Come and Get Your Love)

4. Back to the Future (Eruption)

Welcome to the human race...

5. The Warriors (Nowhere To Run)

6. Jackie Brown (Didn't I Blow Your Mind?)

7. Almost Famous (America)

8. Everybody Wants Some!! (Fearless)

9. Garden State (New Slang)

10. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (White Rabbit)

11. Dirty Dancing (I've Had the Time of My Life)

12. High Risk ((I Can't Get No) Satisfaction)

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

12. High Risk ((I Can't Get No) Satisfaction)
13. Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle (Hold On)

13 Movies that have an important or climactic scene that falls short of satisfying (Explain why it fell short to you and Post Scene):

1. Creed II (Rocky comes face to face with Drago after so many years. The emotions were not as high as I expected. I wanted that scene to punch me right in the gut, but it didn't)

13 Movies that have an important or climactic scene that falls short of satisfying (Explain why it fell short to you and Post Scene):

1. Creed II (Rocky comes face to face with Drago after so many years. The emotions were not as high as I expected. I wanted that scene to punch me right in the gut, but it didn't)
2. The Dark Knight Returns ("I came here to stop you" is such a dud of a line)

3. No Country for Old Men (After everything Anton Chigur did in this movie, he gets to just buy a shirt from a kid and walk away? Seriously?)

3. No Country for Old Men (After everything Anton Chigur did in this movie, he gets to just buy a shirt from a kid and walk away? Seriously?)
4. War of the Worlds (2005) (After all the death and destruction in the movie and getting separated from their son and brother during the final act, Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning finally get back home to find the son and the rest of their family perfectly safe)

4. War of the Worlds (2005) (After all the death and destruction in the movie and getting separated from their son and brother during the final act, Tom Cruise and Dakota Fanning finally get back home to find the son and the rest of their family perfectly safe)
5. Batman V. Superman (I never liked the film to begin with, but the one scene where Batman and Superman finally have their ultimate showdown, the fight ends just because of the name "Martha". Lame)

5. Batman V. Superman (I never liked the film to begin with, but the one scene where Batman and Superman finally have their ultimate showdown, the fight ends just because of the name "Martha". Lame)
6. The Departed (him being shot comes across less like the ultimate punishment and more like him being conveniently put out of his misery, which stands in stark contrast to the same character being left alive to think on his sins in Infernal Affairs)

6. The Departed (him being shot comes across less like the ultimate punishment and more like him being conveniently put out of his misery, which stands in stark contrast to the same character being left alive to think on his sins in*Infernal Affairs)
7. Problem Child (Two words: Chekhov's prune)