The Videogames Tab

Tools    

A quick ode to MINING

And damn if it isn't as OP as everyone said. I went a bit nuts and near A-classed my new mining Python, which cost about 100m. Then I earned about 85m+ with one 2hr session floating through the icy mists.

(For comparison, a high end combat assassination mission nets you about 1.5m tops. Minus costs if you set fire to your ship . And can take like half an hour easy, depending on where you track them down.)

I'll still totally go back to combat as my main Elite thing to do. But mining my way out of mining debt has been a chill thing to do
reminds me of no mans sky

there's a frog in my snake oil
reminds me of no mans sky
ED was sitting in a pile of procedural parts, looking confused about what to do, when NMS was still just a twinkle in IGN's eye

(And in their own slow-motion style, they're finally adding 'Legs' to the game next year. I reckon dinosaurs will be in by 2028 )

ED was sitting in a pile of procedural parts, looking confused about what to do, when NMS was still just a twinkle in IGN's eye

(And in their own slow-motion style, they're finally adding 'Legs' to the game next year. I reckon dinosaurs will be in by 2028 )
??????????

I was just saying that Elite was published before NMS, it's been around for a while . (And is based on the daddy of all open world space games, the original 1984 Elite )

They are very similar in lots of ways though yep . (Procedural planets & galaxies, with all the alien pretty, and design aimlessness, that can also entail)

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I’m still amazed by the legs on GTA V. Imagine having to plan for when you kill that golden goose.

I’m still amazed by the legs on GTA V. Imagine having to plan for when you kill that golden goose.
Apparently they were shocked by how successful Online was. Financially that is. Would be surprised if they don't ride that shark all the way to GTA VI...

(And hell, the whole GTA V map as your lobby? Custom off-road stunt maps? Co-op bank heists with aerial approaches and high stakes getaways? What's not to like? Other than the P2W monetisation, and guys pooping out gold-plated sticky bombs with every step )

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Hard to get hold of new consoles? Anyone got/getting one?

They're flying off ebay at 50-100% mark up.

Nothing for me, but I'm still waiting to nab one of the new RTXs. Starting to think I won't get my hands on one at a semi-reasonable price in time for Cyberpunk 2077. D'oh.

The Adventure Starts Here!
Nothing for me, but I'm still waiting to nab one of the new RTXs. Starting to think I won't get my hands on one at a semi-reasonable price in time for Cyberpunk 2077. D'oh.
Cheer up. Maybe it won't come out till 2077!

Wait...never mind.

I was just saying that Elite was published before NMS, it's been around for a while . (And is based on the daddy of all open world space games, the original 1984 Elite )

They are very similar in lots of ways though yep . (Procedural planets & galaxies, with all the alien pretty, and design aimlessness, that can also entail)
ohhh okay i see

You ready? You look ready.
Is Super Mario Sunshine regarded as the hardest Mario? I'm having quite a challenge with it. I think I have 13 sprites left until I can reach the endpoint.
I also remember it being difficulty but playing it on the Switch in direct comparison to the others: I would say that is a fair assessment.

At first thought I blame the difficulty on the controls. No long jump was weird back then. Now it’s down right crippling. That move is synonymous with Mario.

@Yoda

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
I also remember it being difficulty but playing it on the Switch in direct comparison to the others: I would say that is a fair assessment.

At first thought I blame the difficulty on the controls. No long jump was weird back then. Now it’s down right crippling. That move is synonymous with Mario.

@Yoda
I've got 5 sprites left to get to the final part of beating it. Not the completest conquer, but the basic one.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
It's also pretty cool I'm intermingling playing Galaxy and Sunshine because I'll have two games conquered around the same time. I didn't intermingle super Mario 64 though.

The People's Republic of Clogher
My most played game on the PS5 so far? No Man's flippin Sky

What they've done with the upgrade is seriously impressive - Visuals are on a par with a top line PC and a solid 4k/60fps.

Welcome to the human race...
I wonder how long I'm going to end up holding out before moving on to PS5. I've still got a sizeable backlog across multiple generations as it is and none of the launch titles so far have really made me feel like I need to rush to get one. All I'm doing right now is playing Mortal Kombat 11 (which is a fun little time-waster, especially with all the rewards and such to unlock).

That elusive hide-and-seek cow is at it again
^yeah. I THINK I mentioned this here before, but I'm in the same boat more or less. Nothing is getting my attention. The price tag doesn't help. Finally, Ghost of Tsushima released on PS4 and that might have been the one game that could have tempted me to upgrade. Unless my system just dies, I don't see me getting one any time soon. Probably for a few years even, if that. I mean I can always go back to Batman and the Bioshock series and be totally happy.

"Ever try to forcibly pin down a house cat? It's not easy." - Captain Steel

"I just can't get pass sticking a finger up a dog's butt." - John Dumbear

The People's Republic of Clogher
I wonder how long I'm going to end up holding out before moving on to PS5. I've still got a sizeable backlog across multiple generations as it is and none of the launch titles so far have really made me feel like I need to rush to get one. All I'm doing right now is playing Mortal Kombat 11 (which is a fun little time-waster, especially with all the rewards and such to unlock).
Honestly, if you're not getting yourself into a financial hole buying the thing, the console is worth it for the improved performance on PS4 games alone.

I'm getting a solid 4K 60fps with God of War, Ghost of Tsushima, Hitman 2, Monster Hunter etc. They play so much better than they did on PS4, even on the Pro. I'm having a blast.

Any games with an unlocked framerate should benefit, which means stuff like Bloodbourne, locked to 30, loses out.