Movies You Love (But Will Never Watch Again)

Tools    

WARNING: "][/SPOILERS]
[SPOILERS="Is it the korean movie where everybody die of asphexia in a cargo ship? cause if it is HELL YEAH it looks depressing as ****" spoilers below
Is it the korean movie where everybody die of asphexia in a cargo ship? cause if it is HELL YEAH it looks depressing as ****

No, I'm referring to this one:

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0048434/?ref_=fn_al_tt_0

Great film, but very hard to watch.

Think that somebody is referring to something different than what they're actually referring to. It happens to me as well, so don't feel dumb. It's all good.

I've often used a mirror to avoid ducks if that makes you feel any better.

Often the movie I think of when this topic comes up.

It's a deeply empathetic film and it completely changed the way that I regarded the portrayal of sexual violence in film. (ie
WARNING: spoilers below
the film's frequent use of subjective point of view during scenes of sexual assault and the incredibly non-exploitative way that the main character is filmed
). I love it and respect it, but I'm not sure I could watch it again.

When the actress who played Lilya popped up in The Bourne Supremacy it brought up a wave of very strong feelings.

Amazing to think that the actress and director had to coordinate through a translator!

Requiem for a Dream is close, but probably the only one that I "loved" (as in thought it was great), but would never watch again, was The Road. I just don't want to go there again, especially since the scenario seems completely believable to me. If the Flash does happen, I want to be at ground zero.
That would be my choice as well. Great film (and book), but I have no desire to watch it again.

Ikiru, a great film. But the films theme is something I do not want to visit again.

I’ve liked everyones post that that mentioned requiem for a dream, in my top 5 of all time favourite movies of all time. I have re-watched many times however, Ellen Burstyn is just too great to never see her performance again.

I’d probably go with deer hunter, there’s something sinister hidden in this movie I’m sure there is. Brokeback mountain, magnificent but one I doubt I’ll ever view again.

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
Schindlers List (1993)
Amazingly made, shot all on location, Steven Spielberg’s masterpiece. Just a hard film to watch at times, especially the scene where the Nazis evacuate the ghetto.

Off the top of my head -

The Green Mile
The Hurricane
Schindler's List

Driving Miss Daisy. I saw it in the theater with my parents. We loved it until they got to two specific scenes which all too closely mirrored scenes we'd just lived through with my recently deceased grandmother. My mother and I grabbed each other's hand as we would a lifeline, and quietly sobbed through the rest of the movie. I've never been able to watch it again.

Also, Bambi and Silent Running.

Requiem for a dream i cant watch but i dont remember loving it and then the end scene with the music ill never watch that again, good job on Darren Aronofsky not many movies can do that.

Edmond (2005) with William H Macy i thought was a fantastic nihilistic movie but i will probably never watch again because ive seen it 3 times and every time i ended up with weird feelings afterwards its very odd. So i dont think i want to watch it again.

I forgot the opening line.
My DVD version of Cannibal Holocaust has a "watch with the scenes of animal killings edited out" option. If I watch that version can I have really watched Cannibal Holocaust again? I don't know.

I'm glad there isn't a "watch the scenes of animal killings with Cannibal Holocaust edited out". That would be messed up.