Movies you are afraid of

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
No, this isn't another scariest movies thread, this is something different. Are there any movies out there that you're just afraid of watching? Not because the content in them is exceptionally freightening or anything, but that just the movie itself gives you the willies?

For me, it is E.T. Not only do I have a strong aversion to aliens of any sort, I just cannot sit comfortable watching this movie. When I was younger it used to be my favorite movie, then one Christmas it was on in the background as we were opening presents. I had gotten an E.T. doll from Santa and as soon as I picked it up to look at it, it said "E.T. Phone Home." Of course the sound just came from the TV, but I was traumatized by it and never, and I mean NEVER, touched that thing for more than 5 seconds ever again. It sat behind a desk in my room for years and when I moved to VA, I touched it only to throw it away.

I am afraid of the movie E.T.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
OMG me too! ET gives me the wiggins.

The Gremlins gives me the shakes too for some reason...
Gremlins scared me really badly when I was little, but the films that scare me now are The Ring and The Grudge...

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I am having a nervous breakdance
For obvious reasons I have never completed an entire viewing of Arachnophobia.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

How about "the ring" i always was afraid of wathcing it, then i did... AHHHHHHHH!!!

there's a frog in my snake oil
Society freaked the living gizzard out of me. Never finished it.

Standing in the Sunlight, Laughing
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Bleeeaargh!! Same here.
I was also creeped out by the puppets in this recent Team America fiasco. Did NOT like those puppets.
Mike Meyers as The Cat In The Hat looked like somebody's scary uncle that you're not allowed to visit alone...
And then, of course, there was Glitter. ::shudder::

passion of christ--really a movie i dont wanna see.its well made but just i dont wanna know about it

Originally Posted by Piddzilla
i have such a big fear of spiders i never even attempted to watch this movie because i know it will scare me sh!tless

Fasten your seat belts...
Ju-On (The Grudge - Japanese original) scared me into being frozen on my couch. Exorcist always does that to me too. Only movie I put my fingers in my ears and do the 'la la la'.

If I had to watch Eraserhead that would freak me out. Kids and Happiness also 'scared' me. Itchi the Killer isn't much better.

Actually a movie that really messed with my head was Funny Games - a German movie. I thought about it for days after I saw it.

Night of the Living Dead (1962) was pretty scary for me
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughing. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.-A Fistful of Dollars

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by LillyVon
Ju-On (The Grudge - Japanese original) scared me into being frozen on my couch. Exorcist always does that to me too. Only movie I put my fingers in my ears and do the 'la la la'.

If I had to watch Eraserhead that would freak me out. Kids and Happiness also 'scared' me. Itchi the Killer isn't much better.

Actually a movie that really messed with my head was Funny Games - a German movie. I thought about it for days after I saw it.
You have nice taste in scary movies. Oh, and Funny Games is austrian. (and brilliant...)

I used to be scared of watching the excorcist but recently bought it and found it completely unscary. Anything with clowns or similar toys that smile inanimately will ***** me up guaranteed.

history *is* moralizing
i'm afraid of ALL the movies i won't be able to watch!

Eraserhead though, is one of the few that give me the creeps... dunno... that scene with the song (Tuxedomoon made a haunting version of) and that weird girl... brrrrrr...

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by Rjoepenk
Anything with clowns
I hate clowns...

When I was little the original Poltergiest movie did it to me. I always thought there was a crappy clown under my bed. So now I don't really care for clowns.

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by Anonymous Last
I always thought there was a crappy clown under my bed. So now I don't really care for clowns.
found a nice shirt you'll like, 'Nymous!

Arresting your development
Originally Posted by chicagofrog
found a nice shirt you'll like, 'Nymous!
Sounds like a fantastic gift...make sure you wrap it nicely!

Bugger...

My answers have already been given; I won't watch Arachnaphobia again, I'd rather not see The Ring another time, and I'm hesitant to see The Passion of the Christ again because I know it's not the kind of film I stop in the middle, and that watching it will pretty much force me to somber for awhile afterwards.

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
I'm afraid to watch Elephant again. That movie, as is the obvious intention of Gus Van Sant, makes me feel so alone. I hate it.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Arachnaphobia was horrible, when the guys in the jungle have just discovered the spiders and then it jumps around in the jar...no way dude

And IT, my friends made me watch it, and while most of it was laughable a lot of it was so not.

'Hey Georgie, I'm Pennywise...'