Movie Trivia Game!

Tools    

You’re the disease, and I’m the cure.
I assume that a "crossover film" is a movie that merges characters from two or more film franchises into a new movie, but I don't know any that took 15 years to make.

For example, the movie Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein is a crossover movie combining the Abbott and Costello movies with the Universal Monster movies.

Maybe @Cobra can give a better explanation.
Freddy Vs Jason
Open Floor

Laurence Olivier's Hamlet won for Black and White costume design and Joan of Arc won for Color Costume design...new question:

In the 1972 musical Cabaret, the main character Sally Bowles (Liza Minnelli) finds out she's pregnant but is not sure who the father is. She eventually decides to have an abortion, but how does she pay for it?

Sally pays for the abortion with the fur coat that Max bought for her.

New Question:

In the Hitchcock classic Psycho, Marian Crane (Janet Leigh) embezzles $40,000 from her job and skips town so she can marry her boyfriend. How much money does Marian (Anne Heche) embezzle in the 1998 remake of Psycho?

In the 1998 remake of Psycho, Marian embezzles $400,000.

New Question:

Who played a former movie swashbuckler named Alan Swann making his first television apperance in the 1982 comedy My Favorite Year?

In the 1998 remake of Psycho, Marian embezzles $400,000.

New Question:

Who played a former movie swashbuckler named Alan Swann making his first television apperance in the 1982 comedy My Favorite Year?
Peter O'Toole

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
In what 1963 comedy would you see James Garner drive an automobile into a swimming pool full of soap suds?

The Thrill of It All.

What's the name of the soap opera that Dustin Hoffman's character, Michael Dorsey gets hired on, pretending to be a woman, in the 1982 comedy Tootsie?

The fictional soap opera was called Southwest General...here's a new question:

Her long and distinguished career has earned her three Oscar nominations and she won two out of three times...name her.

I'll give this one another day before revealing. I will give you this hint: The two Oscars she won were for lead actress and the one she didn't win was for supporting actress.

The answer to the above question is Sally Field...she won Outstanding Lead Actress For Norma Rae and Places in the Heart and lost Outstanding supporting actress for Lincoln.

OPEN FLOOR

Angelina Jolie was rumoured to be having an affair with her co-star during the filming of this movie

Mr. and Mrs. Smith?
Yes, but not the one I was thinking